cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: feeling overwhelmed (suicidal ideation tw)

Oh wow @DruidChild that is alot of exams! Good luck  with them though Smiley Happy

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hi, I'm a 20-year-old guy who knows too well what you are talking about. When I was in high school I told some of my friends I was feeling suicidal and they thought it was manipulation. 

Needless to say, after that, I had to leave.

Once I lost all my friends it just got worse. 

Earlier this year I was hospitalized for trying to end my life, if I told my high school friends this, they would think I'm just looking for attention.

Part of the stigma is that many people believe that notion, "anything less than actually killing yourself is looking for attention".

Highlighted

Hi @CookieDough thank you for sharing with us, I can only imagine how difficult this time was for you. It takes a lot of courage to open up and share this with others. I'm wondering what supports you have in place and how you've been managing? What have you been doing to look after yourself? Also I've had to remove the other post as members are not able to share personal details on the forum and are to remain anonymous as per guidelines. We're here to listen and support you Heart

Highlighted

Hi Lan Ro, I've been meeting with a psychologist and I take antidepressants. It certainly helps but the loneliness is slowly killing me.

If I told you what I've been doing to get by I'd be breaking more community guidelines.

I have reverted to old habits because I don't believe I'll be here for long.

Loneliness is a bigger predictor of depression than depression itself.

Highlighted

Hey @CookieDough I'm sorry to hear that your friends haven't been supportive. I agree that there's a lot of stigma around mental illness, especially suicidality. We're here for you Heart Are you feeling safe right now? 

Highlighted

Hi, DruidChild, I love your username. I am feeling safe right now. Thank you for asking. Don't worry, I'm going to see the World Cup before I go. 

Go Australia!

Highlighted

Thanks @CookieDough, I love yours too Smiley Tongue That's good to hear! I hope you'll be around for many future world cups Smiley Happy Go Aussies! 

Highlighted

Sent you an email Heart @CookieDough

Also, if you like, you can type @ and a drop down list will appear where you can choose users to mention/tag them in the post. This way they will get a notification for your comment Cat Happy

Highlighted

Hello @CookieDough and welcome 

Sorry your having a hard time right now. Im glad to hear your safe though. 

Feel free to start your own thread to so we can support you more Smiley Happy

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

How are you going @CookieDough? If you did start a thread, please feel free to tag me in it so I can chat with you more Smiley Happy 

Ugh having a hopeless night tonight for reasons. I wish I was worth loving. Everything about me disgusts myself. I'm safe/okay/whatever else and I'm just gonna listen to a podcast until I can sleep but I feel so goddamn sad.