cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: friendship

That's a good question @keezik.
I'll tell you now, the short story of how I met people.

I used to be homeschooled, and had special friends who were also homeschooled. We eventually started going to school, at the end of year 2. We couldn't see each other anymore, so we gave up on that friendship.
At school, I had big anxiety issues, but I kept doing the things I usually did. I kept myself busy, by doing art and music kinda stuff. Then I made a friend who liked being bossy, like me, but I'm not as bossy as her... she backstabbed me really hard on a school camp in year 5. We ended that friendship. In year 7, I transitioned to high-school, which left me with no friends. But on the first day, I made a very special friend, and we did everything together. Friends at first sight! Then she left me for the 'cool' kids, then we became friends again, then the next year, she left me by not making time for me. Not even a second to say hi to me. I left her for the entire of term 1, and made friends with her on the second last day of term. Between making friends with her the second time, I already made two very good friends. But they left the school due to family/enemy issues. So now I'm back to square 1.....

My tip to you, is to do the things you love, and maybe someone will come along and make conversation with you. Then possibly move into another part of the relationship.

That is my story, and tips for you right now. I can explain more later. I hope this helps you.

Hi @keezeik, I think it is best to keep it generic and let them tell you what is going on. All you can go off is your own observations. For e.g you could mention that they have been cancelling plans and you are worried about them. As I also mentioned, you can just ask if they are ok or let them know that you are there for them if they ever need to talk. You may not know whether they have an eating disorder or depression.. and even if they do, they might not want to talk about it. Why they might be upset may also not be related to their eating disorder.. but something else so it is best not to assume Smiley Happy

Hi @keezeik,

I just wanted to say I'm sorry I missed this thread last week. I had a very stressful week and needed to take some time for myself to get through a big pile of work.

It looks like you got some great advice from @Taylor-RO and @xXLexi_Lou122Xx  though, which is really good Smiley Happy

It sounds like you really care about this friend and that you guys speak about some really interesting stuff! I have some of the best conversation with friends of mine who have different interests.

Highlighted

Hey @keezik. How are you today?

I’m okay thank you, I am currently trying to reconnect with old friends that I haven’t spoken to in a few years but it’s kind of hard, I am not really sure what to do after we have finished a conversation? Like what do I write to them every few days? What do I say etc...

Hmmm........
Idk. I think, write to them every week.
Then you can build up that friendship level again. It doesn't really matter what you say I guess... just what you've been doing lately.

Okay Smiley Happy that seems like a good idea ☺️

You're welcome @keezeik.
Hope you have a good night. *Hugs*

How are you this evening?