cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: going away tw

@Bee if i was in danger but it’s roughly 5 hours from Sydney and I’m assuming there is no nearby hospitals. i don’t really wanna stuff up their holiday.

i just get so anxious and paranoid that someone’s going to walk in on me while being in the bathroom or showering. like my mind is just coming up with all this ideas why i shouldn’t go but i do wanna go. it’s also not my family so i kind of have to do what they do e.g they might want to do long walks around bush or something.

Sounds like there is a lot to consider in this decision @litgym . Do you think your mind is putting up barriers because it is something different and out of your comfort zone? Sounds like it would be great for you to get away with everything that has been happening recently Smiley Happy Being scared is completely normal and doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't do it.

Is it possible to have a conversation with your friend about some of your worries? It might be good if she knew a little of what's going on so she could support you while you're away. Also, remember there are always ways to get privacy/alone time if you need it and it's ok to ask for it no matter who you're with. Some ways could be going to a different room, moving outside if everyone is inside and vice versa, or going for a walk.

- Hayley R/O

@TOM-RO yeah it’s quite out of my comfort zone. i guess i could talk to her. 

now i feel horrible for some reason. my mood has just dropped

@litgym being out of your comfort zone is always super scary but also the place where a lot of growth and good things can happen! Is your friend supportive and trustworthy in other areas of your friendship? If so, then having a chat with her could be a good idea.

What kind of things help when your mood drops?

- Hayley R/O

@TOM-RO i just don’t wanna freak her out about anything. she’s good to talk to about school, friendships, boys etc but when it comes to mental health she just goes silent. 

listening to kesha music but im feeling so low. suicidal thoughts yay Smiley Sad

Hmmm it sounds like there are a lot of things to think about @litgym because it's probably pretty important that you feel safe and supported if you choose to go? Is it worth trying to have a conversation with your friend about it and perhaps that will help you to make the final decision about it?

Is listening to Kesha helping with your mood / thoughts? What else do you think might be helpful right now? 

is it any point going ? @Erin-RO maybe i might just die before it anyways. i don’t know anymore.

its not helping at all. im back in this horrible space. what if im like this with my friend ? i can’t just lounge around i have to be fake happy while trying to battle these insanely intense thoughts. she wants me to sleep at hers tmrw and now im just anxious about that fml.

cant do this

It sounds like making a decision about the strip is feeling a little overwhelming for you and a lot of "what if's" are playing on your mind @litgym. Have you been able to chat to your counselor about this? Or what do you think they'd say about it?

Just remember you really have to do what's best for you and what you think you're ready for Heart 

i haven’t been able to speak to her @Erin-RO

i honestly don’t know anymore i can’t do this

I know things are feeling quite heavy right now @litgym but maybe try not to make any decisions until you've been able to chat it through with your counsellor? I've just sent you a quick email, if you could take a look Heart