cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: going crazy

if only id found her 2 yrs ago instead of all this switching around! @missep
hmm i guess it could be something to bring up with the psych. i see her in another week however she had given me some tasks to do in the meantime so we will probably discuss those as well. an hr goes fast when theres so much to go over. its been almost 2 months since i last seen her
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Well it's good you have her now! I'm really glad for you Smiley Happy @scared01
I think that's a good idea too, an hour goes so quickly! Would it be helpful to maybe make a list of the most important things you want to talk to her first?
Will you be able to see your psychologist next year as well?

How are you doing today @scared01? These thoughts sound really overwhelming, but I promise you are not crazy! This is just your brain's way of coping and trying to process things and give you information! Sometimes with intrusive thoughts I try doing things like counting by sevens or making lists in my head to give me something to focus on, perhaps that could be helpful? 

Huge hugs. Heart

hey @missep
yep ill still be able to see her next yr but i have to wait until my care plans renewed but i wont have to go back onto the waitlist or anything which is good.

the list is a good idea but i kinda just play it by ear sort of thing. usually on the day i work out what i thinks most beneficial. the hardest part is becasue this session is the last one until the new yr.

hey @DruidChild
i made some lists today which i was able to start on.yay! it did help keep me abit on track but i know when the night gets quiet the emotions will more than likely come flooding back. ill have to have a chat with my dr and see if she can alter my medications abit. ive been on them for a while so they might need an adjustment.

Yay for the progress on the lists @scared01! Making lists also help me when I get similar intrusive thoughts. I tend to notice that my intrusive thoughts are at their more negative at night as well. In that case, I count backwards in addition to making lists to not only stop the thoughts but help me get to sleep also. Does that make sense? Do you reckon this might help with your thoughts as well?

Having a chat with your doctor about altering your meds also sounds like a good idea Smiley Happy

yep that makes sense @Esperanza67 thank you. yes me too, i can have a good day and then night time comes and usually some sort of switch is flicked :-/
im not really one for counting backwards. i find the more i fight to sleep the less i actually get and i just end up getting distressed so i just let sleep come when it comes. i have chronic insomnia so going 2 or 3 nights without sleep or weeks with barely anything isnt all that new to me.

Ah I see @scared01. Are you currently seeking treatment for your insomnia? How are you going tonight? Here for you <3

@scared01 It sounds like you've been productive getting stuff done off those lists! Well done Smiley Happy I feel you on nights being hard...have you been given any medications or anything to help with the insomnia? Sleep deprivation makes it so hard to deal with things. Were you able to make an appointment with your dr about altering your medications? 

I wondered if you'd been doing any art or writing lately? I know you've made some really beautiful things in the past and I know that those things help me a lot when things are hard Heart 

hello @Esperanza67

I have sought help for my insomnia before and tried many different things like having a routine, calming exercises, meditation while in bed, music playing while in bed, and medications nothing seems to last. the medications i was on for months with no change. the routine i have atm helps abit but after hrs of trying to sleep you kinda just give up.

I havent been going so well, my so called friends or more like aquaintances decide to go on this fun outing without me. my friend which is also their friend who come for a visit from overseas i didnt even know she was here and then found out today through fb that they had all organised to go on this fancy trial ride with picnic included and didnt even meantion anything to me.

Thanks @DruidChild my lists have eased now, im not up for scrubbing the house top to bottom the past 2 days so just having a break. i did go put a layby on though which ill get off after xmas so i can do up my house.
oopsy, read above post to Esperanza, i meantioned my insomnia just above.

I havent made an appointment to see my gp yet, honestly not really up for that either.
arts, or writing no, ive been trying to finish of my crochet blanket. ive got 40 cm to go and then its finished so about 30 rows to go

Hey @scared01, I'm sorry about your friends, that sounds really upsetting and it makes sense that you'd feel down Smiley Sad Hugs. It was cruel of them to do that, you deserve to be cared about by your friends. 

It's good to hear how much progress you've made on your blanket! Crochet sounds like a very soothing activity Smiley Happy 

We're here to listen if you feel like talking about anything today Heart