cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: going crazy

Hey @scared01, just wanted to check in and see how today’s been for you? Heart

hey @DruidChild
it went from ok day, to very overwhelmed rather quickly so has kinda set me up for the night.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Ah I’m sorry to hear about the overwhelmed @scared01 Heart That’s tough. I’m going to bed soon but I’ll be around for a bit longer if you want to talk about what’s going on for you, same stuff as yesterday or something else? Maybe an early night would help? 

its kinda the same stuff @DruidChild the day was going ok as i was at home and cleaning and stuff and i took pop out with me to the shops so i could get an xmas tree and decorations before they all went and i could constantly see his discontent and his complaining. i was only in there for half an hr and i got a few extra things while i was there but i was hoping that it would be a good experience becasue he likes christmas.
On the way home i almost had a mini meltdown but held myself together thankfully becasue i had a thought of if i was to hire a nurse and/or home care worker which is what id really like to do all i can think and hear is him talking to them and pretty much jsut complaining about me and making me sound like the worst person in the world. then what are those people going to think of me? i wouldnt want to be anywhere near me after hearing whats often said about me. and then they also have the right to report that sort of thing either so my pop can technically get me fired from being his carer.
so theres alot on my mind at the moment

That’s a lot to be dealing with @scared01, it sound like looking after your pop is a heavy responsibility, especially when you have those fears of what he might say if you were to hire someone else Heart Are you finished looking after him for tonight, are you able to have some downtime? Maybe you already have something like this, but if you’d like tomorrow I could help you make a bit of a plan for how to look after yourself and show yourself love when it all gets a bit too much with your pop? 

I have to log off now but I really hope the rest of your night gets back to okay and you have a restful sleep Heart I believe @Erin-RO and @annabethxchase are around atm if you want to keep talking. 

thanks @DruidChild alwasy appreciative of your help.

Im never really off duty because i live with him, its quiet atm so i do have some down time so im just watching a bit of tv and loating around the forums atm.
Theres not a lot i can do, my cars broken and undriveable so i can no longer just get out of the house for abit becasue my pop and i are sharing the car. that was usually my best coping mechanism but i no longer have that.

Thank you @DruidChild, I certainly am here @scared01. As @DruidChild said this all sounds like such a heavy reprehensibility. Carer stress and fatigue is a very common consequence for many carers of loved ones. We are here for you @scared01. What can you do this week for a bit of self-love and self-care?

@Erin-RO ^^^

it is very mentally draining even more so than physically esp with my own mh issues to contend with. Makes for a very tired burnt out carer but no break in sight only after surgury however it still wont really be a break.
i dont really know what to do this week, ive alot to do including xmas shopping, sorting out pops loans, taking him to the rta to get a new sticker thing, go and see about getting some help with the bills, as well as my work with the horses and also extra family responsibilities and trying to get my final assignment for my studies done as well.

It sounds like a lot to have on your shoulders @scared01 I wonder if working in some small self-care rituals might help a little bit. Like dedicating time to yourself by creating a new music playlist to, taking time to watch a sunset or trying some mindfulness before bed could help with things?

hmm maybe i could try @Erin-RO ive been meaning to try and get this blanket finished before christmas so i could try and make at least an hr to sit and do that each day.