cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: going crazy

i dont have anyone @ecla34 ive tried khl and headspace and i always get the same responses which are to use my coping methods and ride it out. ive been doing all of that for a while during the time when ive been a little more balanced but not this time. if i hear that again ill probably explode becasue its so invalidating and unhelpful.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

I can understand that feeling of just needing a break from everything, I’m sorry things have been so intense for you @scared01, it sounds so difficult Smiley Sad You’re amazing for surviving. I understand that you have a lot of responsibilities with your family and work, but is hospital an option at all? Even just to get on top of sleep? You could tell your mum it’s just for the sleep if that would cause less drama. 

Does anything like meditation or visualising a peaceful and safe place in your head work for you at all? 

It is so invalidating just to be told to use your coping skills. Sometimes you need more support than that! Huge huge hugs if you want them Heart

@scared01 that does sound really invalidating, especially with how hard you work on using your coping mechanisms Smiley Sad

hospital really isnt an option atm @DruidChild ive got a lot to do esp with work and the holidays coming and bills flowing everywhere. my mum would probably see straight through that becasue i would be on a psych ward and not somewhere where its s sleep study as we have clinics here for that.

they use to help me heaps @ecla34 but now im at a point i guess where i need to work it out more for myself and put in long term things (which ive also done)

Hmm yeah I see @scared01, this time of year is so busy anyway, and there’s always extra bills around Christmas time Smiley Sad Heart

You mentioned you’re seeing your counsellor this week, but you’re not sure how it will go - what do you think will get in the way of the appointment being helpful? Is there anything in particular that you need from the counsellor, that you could focus on asking for? 

I’m sure you’ve considered this before, but are there any carers groups or supports in your area that you could check out for some social support? 

You’re so brave and doing so well to be expressing these feelings and keeping yourself safe Heart I’m sure that this distressing time won’t last forever, even if it feels like it will. We’re here for you. 

@scared01 you mentioned you're seeing your counsellor in a couple of days, do you think they might have any insight into what to do next? (i know that doesn't change how you're feeling now) 

its kinda hard with this psych because as much as i need the support, this will be my last session until feb/march next yr so ive no idea what to talk about because theres alot to get through like the upcming surgury, a few family troubles plus how im feeling now and not coping with it all. im not sure how to cram that into just a one hr session, very tricky indeed. @DruidChild @ecla34

the social thing atm isnt really up my alley but its a great suggestion for when im coping better. i have looked into it before but most of it were more older carers and it was awkward....

That’s tricky @scared01, I hear you. Maybe you could make a list of everything’s that’s happening for you and show it to the psychologist at the start of the session? Then they could help you work out what should be the priority to talk about. Or perhaps you could ask for some support developing new coping skills to deal with the increased intensity you’re experiencing? 

I can see how that would feel awkward. I’m glad you can see it as an option for the future though Smiley Happy 

How are you feeling right now @scared01? Do you feel up to doing some self soothing to help yourself unwind before bed? Heart