cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: having a hard night

@scared01@Yeh I get that, I know that personally being alone helps me organise my thoughts and recentre myself type thing. But it can be also be awfully lonely. How do you hinder anxious thoughts on your own if you dont mind me asking? 

Being self aware can be good and bad at the same time haha.  Its sought of like "oh Im like this and I know my shortcomings " and then "what the hell do i do about it?".  I find that doing a lot of internet surfing about different personalities and temperaments etc have really helped me understand myself. And where I need to grow.. what do you think? What do you struggle with when it comes to self awareness?😊

of yeh sometimes being alone is alot worse @_daisy but i can sometimes know when its best to be on my own or not. ive had to learn fast. 

i use alot of distraction techniques like- drawing, painting, poem writing, having a shower/bath, doing some baking, going for a walk, journalling my thoughts, breathing techiques, funny tv shows.... umm thats all i can think of atm. 

the hardest things for me about being self aware are 2 different things. one being asking for help- because of my self awareness often therapists both through helplines/offline- get frustrated beacuse what they suggest for me to do i already practice doing or have tried it but didnt find it helpful. so it makes me sound like a know it all. the other is the ideal of im self aware so i should be better by now so it makes it hard to say 'im having a bad day can u help me' 

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

I love drawing and sketching it really soothes the soul I find.

I totally get what you mean about being self aware and therefore feeling like you should be so much more improved @scared01. I found that I didnt feeeeel better about myself until I accepted both the good, bad and extremely ugly aspects of myself. Accepting my shortcomings helps me be kinder to myself, not in a way that makes me lazy, like "oh i have this problem thats ok", but more in the sense of "I have this problem, I accept it, I dont deny it and I am strong because I still have to live my life".. its really hard not lettig these aspects of ourselves define us.. it is uphill battle.  Its kinda like being given a map, and you know the map really well, all the roads and towns etc...and you've gotta get somewhere but you don't know which way is North, and you gotta stop and ask someone to point you in the direction. Its a means to an end. 😊

I hope you know you have friends here on RO @scared01 - but I understand how isolating it can be when you have very few people to turn to in the real world.

How are you going today? Heart

thats great advice thanks @_daisy im glad its worked well for you. your sounding more confident. 

thanks @mrmusic yes i know ive got ro here, just sometimes someone offline would be nice too

How are you tonight @scared01? Heart

having a hard day/night/week but im sure ill be ok @mrmusic just need to deal with a few things  and get myself back on track again

Hugs @scared01, your perseverance and resilience inspire me. Can we do anything to help you right now? Heart

Highlighted

It comes and goes @scared01 it helps me knowing im not alone in my struggles with all these awesome peeps on RO.😊

Well let me know if there's any way I can help you @scared01. Smiley Happy