cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: having a hard night

i dont really have any decisions to make @DruidChild i cant study yet even if i wanted to do but indtead of saying yeah go for it, i just got the put downs. seems i will always be a slave girl.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

It sounds really exhausting and demoralising to get put down when you want to talk about your goals @scared01. Know that you are capable and it isn't your job solely to care for your family; it's okay to have aspirations and to do things for yourself. That feeling of always having to slave away looking after others must be difficult to deal with, I'm sending hugs and empathy Heart

What's your plan to cope with these big emotions for the rest of the night? 

Highlighted

yeah @DruidChild it is hard to deal with. it seems im only living so that i can help others. im last on everyone elses lists so it shows how much i mean to other people.
it wasnt a goal really just a thought on what might be helpful for me to move forward and something nicer for the future but it clearly doesnt matter.
im watching the big bang theroy now, already had night meds so maybe they will work quickly
Highlighted

It matters @scared01. You matter and your future matters. It can be really, really hard to feel like that when it seems like everyone expects you to spend all your energy and resources caring for others, so I hear you. Sometimes people can be really insensitive - perhaps it's not that you don't mean much to these people, it's just that they're wrapped up in their own concerns and what they need. It doesn't have to reflect on you Heart

That sounds like a good plan, I hope the night meds help you. 

Highlighted

yeah they need me to be around for what they need @DruidChild i am only good when i have things to offer.
maybe one day thatll change when i get some confidence or something.
my night meds dont really help but maybe itll tire me out enough since i didnt sleep last night...
Highlighted

sorry i dont mean to be so negative. its jsut adding to what was already pileing up
Highlighted

That sounds so frustrating @scared01, to be undervalued that way. I often feel the same with people...like I'm only worth something if I can give them something or look after them. I think that feeling can perhaps be a part of having experienced trauma and feeling like we won't be looked after or cared for? 

It sucks that you didn't sleep last night, being tired makes things feel so much harder Heart I hope you get a better rest tonight. 

Highlighted

not really frustrating, more upsetting @DruidChild
perhaps it does have something to do with truamas, interesting thought there..
at least its getting kinda late here so might go put a movie on soon. im watching dashcam videos on tv atm though
Highlighted

Uh huh, I hear that upsetting is a better adjective. I misunderstood, I'm sorry. And I'm sorry today's been such a rough day, huge hugs Heart

A movie sounds good. Silly question, but what are dashcam videos? 

Highlighted

thats ok @DruidChild its just my brain tonight

dashcam videos- lare the cameras you put in your car to record your journey comes in handy for car accidents etc.. 

these ones are those that people have sent in