cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: having a hard night

@scared01 From the website (https://calmharm.co.uk/): "The urge to self harm is like a wave. When you ride the wave, the urge to self harm will fade." I haven't used it much but I've seen a lot of people online who find it helpful! 

That's a really awesome strategy! I know that an important part of recovering from mental health stuff, especially bpd, is focusing on the now and being in the present moment (aka mindfulness). I'm really proud of you Heart What have you got on for the rest of tonight to help you cope with how things are right now? 

Highlighted

thanks, ill have a look @drudichild i can usually ride out my urges on my own with distractions.
well atm im watching friends and that finishes at 7 and then the big bang theory is on until about 830/9 so im set until then. after that will prob read for a bit with some music on.
and ill be on here for a little while to or flicking on and off with some breaks in between depending on how im going too.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

Hey everyone, I just thought I would pop in to reply.. but also to let you know to join in for the Infobus that is running till 9pm. A great chance to take your mind off things and to get to know more about the staff here at ReachOut! Cat Happy

It sounds like you really are doing your best to let the urges pass tonight @scared01, which is not easy. Well done on keeping yourself busy with some TV shows, it can definitely be an awesome distraction.

Highlighted

im on the infobus @Taylor-RO Smiley Happy it is rather interesting indeed. we should have more of these for other RO team members.
Yeah, just having a cruisey type night. im trying not to worry about anything that doesnt need to be worried about tonight.
Highlighted

Highlighted

sorry for just saying this now @scared01 but I use the app Calm Harm. I honestly really recommend it !! I get angry easily and Calm Harm helps by releasing the anger. It’s designed to stop the urge of self-harm but it can also be used for other reasons. You also a have password to get into the app so no one else can access it.

I’m proud of you for trying not to worry about things that don’t need to be worried about. Hope you have a good dayHeart

Highlighted

hi @litgym and thank you. ill have a look at it, i forgot last night. was just having a hard night.
Highlighted

Highlighted

hey there @scared01 sorry to hear it's been tough for you. I can see @litgym has responded to a cross post you posted with some suggestions which look like they might be a great start for the night for you. (Just remember to try to keep to one thread when posting similar content, the community guidelines are here as a reminder)

Highlighted

i forgot to delete this post sorry @Sally-RO