cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: having a hard night

@scared01  This post shows how caring and selfless you are. That said, it is very important that you do look after yourself, and sometimes you need to put yourself and your own wellbeing first. I struggle with doing this as well, and honestly find it uncomfortable at times - but there are times when it is necessary. Please keep us updated with how you're getting on tonight. Heart

I agree @mrmusic We really do need to look after ourselves first in order to have enough energy left anyway to help others. @scared01 It might take practice but small steps towards looking after yourself first does get easier over time I promise....it's not selfish it's good for everyone in the end 

thank you @mrmusic its very uncomfortable taking care of ourselves and even more so to put ourselves first. its really hard to do. 

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

ive been trying to take care of myself and cope and everything else. ive bene practicing this for a long time and it really doesnt seem any easier than when i first started @TOM-RO i dont expect it to be easy but i jsut wish it would be a little easier. 

hey @scared01, i agree with @mrmusic, you are such a self less and amazing person Heart

For such a caring person like yourself, I can imagine how easy it would be to help others before yourself. It's almost an automatic response, would you say the same?

How has today been for you? Smiley Happy

thanks @honkyand yes its an automatic response to help others before myself. i like helping others but i also know i need to try and find that balance as well. still working on that. todays been a relatively calm day and a boring one really compared to my usual stuff. ive been able to watch a few movies today. 

@scared01 how are you going tonight 

hey @scared01, I'm glad to hear that you were able to have a nice and relaxing day, definitely needed sometimes hey? What movies did you watch?

In regards to balancing between helping others and yourself, I'd have to say it's definitely not easy - as it is so natural for you, but it'll worth it in the long run. Let us know how you go Heart

hey @Nightruner23 my night was ok thanks

hey @honky its nice to be able to have an easy going day every now and then for sure. 

i watched a few episodes of greys anatomy, miss congenitality 1 and 2 and the truman show 

balancing will be the hard part for sure but practice makes perfect right

@scared01 do you talk about your problems and how you feel in this community?