cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you......?

How do you make yourself be happy? How do you make yourself physically well? how do you stop being so tired? 

how do you share what is wrong when you dont even know what is wrong? how do you tell people that your not feeling well when they rely so heavily on you to be the strong one, the one thats always there. 

if im not ok, the world crumbles but its tiring being the strong one all the time. how do you keep being strong, when theres nothing left to give

not sure ill get any responses but worth a shot right....

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Re: how do you......?

Hey @scared01, it sounds like you're dealing with a lot of strong emotions and feeling a huge sense of obligation at the moment, would that be fair to say? I know that I don't know what pressure you are under or who is relying on you, but I do know that you deserve to fall down and be tired and receive support just as much as anyone else. Good relationships are always a two-way street - that means you are allowed to take the time that you need in order to feel okay and function at your best. 

What is the main issue that is bringing you stress or unhappiness at the moment? 

@scared01 that sounds really hard and I wish I had those answers... 

All that I can suggest is making sure you take out some time for yourself, even if it's only a bit.

thanks @Tiny_leaf ill try my best

thanks @queenP
yeah lots of strong emotions happening here indeed. unfortunatly i dont really have good relationships and often they are a one way street. makes it quite hard to deal with sometimes.
there isnt really a main stress, its basically everything and also nothing. like really there shouldnt be that much of a reason i so unhappy that it affects everyone else.
Highlighted

Hey @scared01, it sounds like things are pretty tough and tiring right now, I'm really sorry to hear that. You're so right, it's really tiring feeling like you need to be the strong one all the time.

If my memory serves me correctly, in a previous post you were talking about teeing up some additional supports with your caring responsibilities, is that right? If so, how are you going on that front? I know that being a carer can be so draining, not to mention dealing with your own physical and mental health on top of that. 

Hey @scared01, it sucks that you don't have good relationships. I can see how that would make things very difficult for you when you are wanting support. It is definitely hard to be the strong one all the time.. Honestly, everyone has moments where they need to focus on themselves. It is only natural especially if you feel that nobody is there to support you. This does not mean we are weak.. but only human. Have you ever told those around you how you have been feeling? I know this is something you may be hesitant to do as they rely on you... but I am wondering what reactions they may have had in the past?

There doesn't have to be a reason why we are unhappy but you're right.. sometimes it is nothing but something at the same time. Sometimes we can pinpoint the reason and other times it can seem impossible. That is okay, all that matters is that we acknowledge that we feel unhappy and work on deciding the next steps. Is there anything that brings you a moment of happiness or puts a smile on your face? Heart 

hey @Sunflower18
things are pretty tough and tiring right now. i tried enquiring with a few places but unless i want to pay for them then i can access those supports. if my grandfather was through a support service like NDIS or my agedcare he would be able to access some things but i dont have any help to help get him the support he needs. unfortunatly there is some things i need help with but i dont have that support either so it makes it hard. i struggle to call people even dialling anumber unless its immediate family so it makes it hard as well.
ive still got my psych though for a few more weeks so will have support for a little bit longer on that front at least.

hi @Taylor-RO
i have spoken to those around me a few times but the reaction is always more unhelpful then what it wouldve bene to have to just do the job sort of thing. i know thats pretty lazy of me but i struggle with conflicts.
the trouble with my family is they dont support my mental health. its sad really because when mental health things come up on facebook or with their friends they are all supportive but i meantion im having a bad day and the world falls apart and i get the toughen up act. ive learnt to hide my feelings and things now but i dont think i do a good job of that sometimes cause it causes arguments sometimes.

i barely have anything that brings happiness anymore. i feel like i just trudge on through the day.

Hi @scared01, your first post asks some really good questions, and I've grappled with similar questions myself (and I still struggle with this sometimes).

I think learning to hide your feelings is a natural reaction to lack of understanding, and it sounds like you're not feeling heard by those around you, is that right? If I'm honest, I have a tendency to hide my feelings from my family too for various reasons, and I wish that wasn't the case. I'm very glad you still have your psych that you can be honest to. Heart

From what I can see you're managing extremely well, especially considering how much pressure you are under right now. I can only hope that people around you become more understanding and accepting of your circumstances. It can seem so overwhelming being stuck in such a negative thought pattern, but I hope you know how far you have come. You have incredible strength to be the carer that you are, and to be such a compassionate support to others here on the forums. Please don't forget that. Heart

I hope this helps, at least a little bit.