cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: i cant figure out why i'm being treated this way for love

Yay @fudgepup! Thanks for coming back to let us know how you're going and yay for balance and optimism!

You have such a healthy approach to communication in relationships and a rocking sense of self. Go you!

Thanks @Kit! Smiley Happy I've joined a new girls' group and we met up for a bbq today! Also, I can't wait to have a chat with him when we start school again! I used to be confused about whether to go there with him, but we had good chemistry, and a good friendship. I've always trusted him, and people used to say things to me about us in a positive way. His parents are really nice and came to talk to me as well. So yes, I'm willing to see if the feelings are still there. I went through an assault last year, and some family probs, but he was always there for me, and I never forget that. My feelings never changed, and I've always been open to wanting to learn more about relationships, friendships. You don't know what the future holds. In the past six months I've gone on a few lunch dates wtih two male friends when they visited town. I just never felt anything like i did with my best friend. Anyway, years ago I used to hang out with another male friend from my cosplay group, and my best friend was the only one who saw that this guy wasn't any good for me. I had to learn myself, but I saw it in the end. At the same time the chemistry with my best friend became more solid, and we just took it from there. But this year as I said, I had studies, work, etc, and I needed to put my energy into that. Also, I know he was helping other students in class, and I support him fully in that. He told me I was wrong about something, but of course I knew that, and wanted to explore what we had, and so it's important for us to reconnect as at least.

It's great to hear things have been going well with you @fudgepup! Thanks for keeping us updated. Smiley Happy

I think it's awesome that you're able to reflect on things so honestly and learn from the experiences you've had, whether they're positive or negative. 

Highlighted

Hi @fudgepup, it sounds like you care a lot about him, and value the relationship you had. I also think you should follow your intuition on this. Glad you found some new groups to join and keep going with your studies. Fulltime work is indeed full on sometimes, but caring for kids is always a bonus! Smiley Happy

Good luck!

Thanks, @moonwalk. I'd like to explore this more, and at least touch bases etc. 

I still want to follow my heart in this. I think it was good to buid a friendship with hiim, and I have been open to exploring a relationship with hiim, at least opening up more to him. How does that sound to a guy to hear that?

As I said I trust him implicitly, and I believe we've both been busy these past six months - it was as if I was on cloud nine or something, like dissociating with all the studies, work and family going on!

@fudgepup To me, friendship is such a huge part of a strong romantic relationship, so I personally think it's a really good idea to become friends with a person first, before starting a relationship. I think he'll appreciate the thought you put into everything before exploring a relationship. It shows that you already to care and that you want to give your relationship the best possible start you can.

Thanks for those thoughts, @moonwalk. Sorry I'm getting a bit mixed up on the forums lol, as I rarely openly discuss stuff like this here, but it's good to explore in places! Smiley Happy And I value what you are saying there with regards to building friendships and developing relationships. I feel the same way, and I think getting to know someone more by talking, meeting up and doing things together, and helping one another, I think connecting in that way is important. I'll def be taking this on board and will explore it with him when we get to chat next. Wish me well! Smiley Happy

nly 3 weeks left of school, and it's an exciting time for them. And def getting stuck into my art again has been really enjoyable & grounding, too. Be well all! 'Night!