cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i dont know whats wrong with me :(

I left highschool at the start of last year and did a lot of tafe courses. I recently left TAFE to start working. I'm getting good hours and i work from 5am to 10am Monday to Friday which is great I guess...

I don't know why but I'm not coping. I'm not sure if it's because I don't cope very well with change, for example, simple things like moving house upsets me for a while. I have a lot to look forward to with my weekend sport and social life which is great and I'm going to England for a few months next year which im very excited for but i'm not going very well at the moment. I just cant be happy. I'm crying constantly. I know it's work but I don't know why. Maybe I'm just still getting used to it???

I just feel....lost, confused bacuase I'm so upset all the time for no reason. I feel like such a baby, I'm 17 this week. Shouldnt 17 year olds just be able to cope with things like this?! I grew up in an adult world, only child for a very long time and all my friends are in their early 20s. I have a great boyfriend who is supporting me through this but I feel I need extra help. I can cope well on the job, but the day and night before, and waking up after hardly any sleep because my mind is racing is just not good. I'm scared I'm going to have a panic attack and just collapse. Sometimes I want that to happen so that I can just escape the world for a little bit. I just want to run away to another world. It sounds so stupid I know, but I cant help it! I feel so alone, I feel like a baby. I've always been a very very strong person! But I feel that I've lost all of my strength. Things haven't gone well for me for the past 5 or so years. I've been through a lot,my grandad, who was my best friend died when I was 12 and even though a lot of time has passed...I can't move on :'( I'm sorry for rambling. Things haven't been good since, my mum has been battling a custody battle over my sister for years which was hell in hell.

I just want things to be ok. I just want to get up in the morning and not worry...and be happy! But I can't do it :'( I feel so weak and its eating me alive. Please help me...I'm begging you.

please help me,

tired, lost and confused 17 yr old girl xo

Re: i dont know whats wrong with me :(

Hey Storm,

This sounds like a lot to be going through Smiley Sad

FIrstly I wanted to say that time sometimes never heals the pain of loosing someone, especially that close. From experience you never really move on you just lean to adjust and sometimes it takes a while, and it can be a simple thing that reminds you of them and you just want them back. I lost my honarary aunt earlier this year, I was devestated, still it hurts to think about it, but I know that she is no longer in any pain and she is safe now Smiley Happy x

I think this link and factsheet might be of some use...
http://au.reachout.com/Wellbeing/Being-independent
http://au.reachout.com/Dealing-with-life-changes
There is also a heap of other factsheets and stories on the site, I'm not too sure what else might help, but if you browse around teh site and keep clicking on things that sound like they might be of some use you'll find some pretty amazing factsheets and stories Smiley Happy

Also you might want to get in contact with KidsHelp Line (1800 55 1800) they are amazing! You can speak to a counsellor annonyomusly (< poor spelling I know) and are really good.

I don't know what else I can say. I can only imagine how tough this is for you. But you are deffinately strong for comming on here and asking for help, tiny steps Smiley Happy x Take care.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Re: I don't know what's wrong with me :(

Hi Storm,

Depression can be an very mysterious thing. One of the worst things, at least for me, is feeling down and hopeless, but often not even knowing why. It sounds like you experience it in a similar way.  

What has worked for me is not dwelling on why I am feeling down, or worrying about the fact that I shouldn't   be feeling this way, but instead focusing on actions that will lift me out of the depression.

It's probably the last thing you feel like doing when you are depressed, but exercising can really help. It certainly works for me. Getting a gym membership and setting yourself a goal of going a set amount of times a week is a really good idea. It gets you out of the house and into a social situation and honestly, it just makes you feel clearer. 

Setting goals is also a great way to lift yourself out of the doldrums. Each week setting yourself a couple of interesting goals - reading a particular book, learning a particular skill - is a good move. Then when you get them done you will feel a sense of achievement and it will lift your spirits. It sounds a bit silly, but it really does work.

Bee has given you some links to some great reading resources and I really suggest you take a look at these. 

The other thing I would suggest is that you talk to your GP about how you are feeling and see what they suggest. It could be that medication might help you to even out your moods a little.

What does everyone else suggest? What methods can you suggest to Storm for beating the blues?

Re: I don't know what's wrong with me :(

Hey storm, sounds like you've been through a lot. I really liked Benny's point about focusing on how to lift your mood when you are feeling down.

Have you been able to talk to your GP or someone else? It's important you find ways to take care of yourself.

Let us know how things are going.
Highlighted

Re: i dont know whats wrong with me :(

My counsellor suggested writing a gratitude diary each day… finding 5 things in each day you are grateful for… it doesn't have to be huge just small things like the sun is shining… I'm yet to see its full benefit however the idea is apparently to change your minds focus… instead of focusing on the negatives you are changing your mind to positive by actively seeking out 5 things to be grateful for each day… maybe this could help you… you said you used to be so strong… I just want to let you know that you are STILL strong… you identified a problem and you came here for help… that takes strength… believe in yourself… we are all here for you xx