cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: i feel stupid

Hey redhead, it's great to hear you've spoken to support.

I just want to share you a tip to help you understand your triggers - journalling. It's really helped me understand my triggers and myself. If you can't write when anger gets triggered (like me), use a computer to type. Sometimes the triggers can be quite surprising and normal. Remember that these triggers don't last your whole life so don't feel stupid about them. For example, my anxiety gets triggered when I visit a
library as there's some books there I can't stand. Since I know what triggers them, I'm trying to figure out how to not fear those things so I won't get my anxiety triggered.

Please update us and tell us how it goes Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Hey @redhead,

Everyone here's said some great stuff. I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and I know you can get better Smiley Happy I've had relapses and they're horrible - you feel like you might as well just throw in the towel - but you've done so much work already and things do get better. As much as we'd love it, recovery doesn't happen in a straight line. You're not stupid. Take care Smiley Happy

Just adding my voice to the chorus to say I'm glad you found a way to stay safe last night @redhead and I have faith in your strength and courage to stay safe again tonight.

Highlighted

Wow thanks everyone.

Really struggling tonight, want to give into the urges.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire
Highlighted

@redhead 

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling again tonight. Self harm urges and relapses can be hard to deal with. You've mentioned a lot of good coping strategies and distractions for self harm already, so I'd encourage you to keep trying those. You have worked past the urges without self harming in the past, so remind yourself of that, and that you are just as capable of doing that again. Try out some of your strategies and let us know how you go. We are here for you and thinking of you! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@redhead, thinking of you.

I wish for you wonderful thoughts and dreams. Of adorable puppies with soft little paws that skid out when they run on wooden floors. Of shetland ponies who have manes that hang down over their eyes and make them look all shy. Or fluffy ducklings waddling after their mama duck.

Stay strong, imagine beautiful things, and remember we're thinking of you and wishing you well.

blithe