cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: idk anymore

@FootyFan26 that sucks. How are you feeling right now?

@Sans-RO not great but it doesn't really matter.

Hi @FootyFan26,

I see things have been pretty rough lately, and noticed that you mentioned you try to avoid thinking about things. Sometimes distraction and not thinking about things is really helpful, especially if you are practicing self-care (e.g., doing something you enjoy, or something that makes you feel good).

But it's also important to talk about things which are bothering or upsetting us. Do you have a time and space to do that? ReachOut is certainly a good space to practice talking things out.

This is pretty much it @OceanMaster1207

@FootyFan26 which is perfectly okay.

Maybe you could set aside a time every day or every second day to sit down and talk about some of the stuff that's bothering you the most- even if it's to just get it off your chest.

If you're not feeling up to talking, we could always hang out in the hanging out thread? Smiley Happy

@OceanMaster1207 I kinda feel like talking but idk

Hey @FootyFan26 I'm going to have to disagree that it doesn't matter, because it does matter a lot to us. And what you went through - losing someone you love, especially family is very traumatic, and you deserve the safety and space to be able to talk about how you're feeling like @OceanMaster1207 said. I know that you haven't had the opportunity to do that with the teacher you trust but do you think you could lean on RO or call SuicideLine on 1300 651 251 - there are trained counsellors that can help you with what you're going through, it doesn't have to be just about suicide or harm, but if that's something that's on your mind they can help with that too.

There's also another helpline that might help, they are incredibly good at what they do, it's called the Compassionate Friends helpline and it's specifically for bereaved family members that have lost a loved one. It might really help to be able to talk to them, what do you reckon? They help with 24 Hour Grief Support - Phone (03) 9888 4944. If you're not ready to call, could you consider looking into the link? 

Highlighted

@FootyFan26 I really want to encourage you to use this space, even if it's just to blurt out whatever's running through your head right now. Often it can be hard to make sense of things when your mind is racing so writing it down here might just help sort it out somewhat.

Plus we want to support you with what your going through- share some of the load you have on your shoulders.

I had a look @Sans-RO but I'm not quite at the phone stage yet.  My Dad died 11 years ago so it's not really that close.

@OceanMaster1207I don't even know what I'd write though.

@FootyFan26 it doesn't have to have been recent and I don't want to push you but it's there for you when you're ready. 

Alot of the users just write whatever comes to mind after making a thread for themselves. Maybe that's som,ething you could chew on and see if you like?