cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

life sucks?

the past few weeks have been really bad. I haven't been sleeping properly usually getting about 4-5 hours of sleep and I havnt been eating either and I'm sick at the moment so I feel even worse. ive been crying way too much and I can feel myself distancing from my friends and feelings rlly unmotivated to do anything and idk I just feel so useless and hopeless and I hate school and life and this entire year has been so shit for me and typing this up is making me cry omg idk I just feel no worth on living or even trying anymore. and its just everything is piling on top of each other that I feel like so overwhelmed and confused. and I keep overthinking about stuff that is worth not thinking about and honestly idk how to change myself for the better cause im trying but its just so hard. 

Re: life sucks?

Hi @ruthxxx, I am sorry to hear that you are struggling so much right now. I can hear how much all of this is impacting all areas of your life. It must be so difficult to have all these feelings of sadness, sickness, sleeplessness, confusion and hopelessness. You must be so exhausted from dealing with all of these things each day. You have been so brave to share this with us all, sometimes it is really hard to explain what is going wrong when it can feel like everything is a mess. What you are going through sounds really tough, so I was wondering if you currently talk to a health professional? It could be like a counsellor, psychologist or GP Smiley Happy

You also mentioned giving up and feeling worthless, I was wondering if you are safe at the moment? Whenever mentioning feelings/thoughts/behaviours that may seem suicidal or self-harm related, we ask members to include whether they are safe or not. This is so the community can rest assured that although you may not be ok and are having a tough time, that you are safe from these thoughts/feelings/behaviours Heart You can read more about it here. We are here to listen, so please share whatever you feel comfortable with.

I'm so sorry about what you're going through @ruthxxx. It sounds like you're going through a lot of things at once, and the sleepless nights and you being sick are probably making you feel even worse. Smiley Sad I'm also sorry to hear that you've had such a bad year. But I think it was really brave of you to share your feelings on here. Heart 

Are you safe right now? Is there anything that you can do to keep yourself safe, such as making a plan of some sort? If you need ideas, BeyondBlue has a helpful resource here. 

I'm here for you if you need someone to talk to or a distraction. Heart

Hi Ruth,

I'm so sorry everything is so hard for you at the moment. Sounds like you've got a lot going on. Did you want to talk about it? We're here to listen. We also were wondering if you are safe at the moment?

thank you so much for the support but yes I havnt done anything unratuonal at the moment and is safe. I am not talking to a health professional at the moment tho. ive tried online councelling sooo many times but this time it rlly isn't helping and isn't effective as it usually is when things are down.

thank you for replying and making me feel a bit for comfortable for sharing qwaht I did cause I did have second thoughts upon it. yes I am safe thanks for asking and I will give the beyond blue resource a go? someone to talk to would be nice im just so uncomfortable telling my friends cause idk how to start the convo with them and I dont want them worrying cause I feel like they wouldn't even care??

I'm so glad you're safe @ruthxxx. Smiley Happy I think it's great that you've tried some services, even if they didn't really help.

If you're worried about telling your friends, would it help to rehearse the conversation in advance, or write down what you want to tell them? Do you feel as though you could confide in anyone else, such as a teacher or family member?
A good opportunity to let someone know what's happening is if they ask you how you are. You could say, 'I am not okay and I'm hoping you could help me' or something similar.

im not comfortable with any of my parents so talking with them would not be an option. they dont rlly believe in mental health and think its just me overthinking so they wouldn't help... idk I just feel like a burden if I tell people how I feel cause im at my lowest point when I do

Hi @ruthxxx,

I just want you to know that it's very normal to feel like a burden on the people you love when you're feeling so low like this. You are not a burden and the people around you love you, even if they don't understand what you're going through. Is there maybe one friend who has been through something similar? If not, we are all here for you on the forums. We've all been through really tough times before and we've made it through. 

Hi there @ruthxxx 

I've just been catching up on this thread. I wanted to thank you for coming here and opening up about the emotions you've been going through. It's really hard to explain what is going on, especially when everything is so overwhelming and confusing. I want you to know that you are not a burden here and we are here to listen you Heart 

You've mentioned struggling to eat and sleep. That's a really hard thing to go through and can make it harder to feel better. Is there anything that is really easy for you to eat? Maybe soup or even yogurt? 

Also, is there anything relaxing you can do before bed to help with sleep. We had a chat about sleep awhile back that might be helpful to read here

Sometimes going back to basics when everything is overwhelming is a good way to start feeling better. Focusing on things like eating well, resting/relaxing and even some light exercise can help you to take control of how your feeling. In saying this, I do know it's easier said than done so if you need support with this know we are here for you Heart