cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: mum coming out of jail

why can't my parents just love me
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Honestly, I wish I could answer that last question.Smiley Sad You deserve so much more from your parents mate. Heart

Sort of a fear that counselling is your last stop and if that doesn't work it's all over? @j95 If it helps mate, I view counselling like personal training. I was with my therapist for two years almost as often as I saw my PT. They need to rewire our brains and the patterns from our childhood, it takes time. But when you stick to it, it works. You can do it, I totally believe you can. RO cannot provide you with that level of support, and I am becoming concerned that tonight's thread is making you more upset.

but i've been getting help for so long and look at me I'm still like this @Bree-RO how long does it take because I'm running out of hope that its ever going to work for me
i really feel like i can't
what happens if i dont see someone

I hear you for sure... I get where you're coming from now Smiley Happy

Okay this may make you feel better. When I was your age - I wasn't even attempting to seek help. Like zero. No forums, nothing. At 29 y.o now, I only started working on this three years ago, and my life is full of empowerment. It's not about the length of the journey right now for you legend, it's about starting the journey. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

@j95 I am logging off but I hope you rest soon. Will get someone to touch in tomorrow Smiley Happy

thank you @Bree-RO I'm just so scared

What can we do to help you feel less scared right now @j95?

Highlighted

@j95 I've been in various forms of therapy for 7 years. I'm still in therapy.Healing takes time.
One thing I learnt through therapy was the abuse that happened to me wasn't my fault. Therapy really helped me put the abuse in perspective and to learn from it.
With my most recent therapist I've really made some headway. I wouldn't be where I am today without the support of my psychologist and case manager. And it's been worth it. Im learning to manage difficult feelings and memories and with their help I've stopped self harming which for me was getting life threatening tbh.

And don't be ashamed you need help. It's not your fault.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

i dont know @mrmusic but i dont want to have to trust someone all over again

maybe it is my fault @redhead