cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: mum coming out of jail

Hey @j95, I know you've told us you don't want to go see someone, but you seem pretty good at reaching out to have tell others what's going on when things get complicated and to have people try to help. This leads me to ask, have you considered an online counselling service (where you receive your counselling via Skype or another form of video chat)?

No @Danielle_RO but is that like eheadspace

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@j95 that's one option, but there are also others. I know that beyondblue has partnered with Macquarie University to create a couple of services, one of them is called Mindspot.

Good because I hate them @Danielle_RO

Ok, so what does Mindspot do? 

@j95, it is actually perfectly reasonable not to like a given service or way of doing things. But maybe have a look at the other online counselling services available, and ask your GP if they have any information or recommendations.

I meant i don't like Eheadspace @Danielle_RO what does Mindspot do

@j95 it's probably easiest if you Google Mindspot (as I can't remember the link), but I know it's an Australian site. From memory, the service has lots of information available on the site, and the ability to figure out if the service is suitable to your needs.

Yes ok
But what do they do? @Danielle_RO is it counselling or just one of those sites that tells you go see someone

Highlighted

@j95 as I understood it, they do counselling services through online means. But if you look it up, then you can review and decide if it's for you. 

Your GP may also know of other services that deliver using online/Skype.

@Danielle_RO I'm not sure
But I'm not going to my GP