cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: my dad is very emotionally volatile and has anger issues

Sorry to hear about what you have been going through @priyaaaa, it sounds like a really challenging situation overall. It is good to hear that your mum has been able to support you through these challenges. It sounds like you have thought a lot about this situation and how it can be improved, which is good. Sometimes it can be hard to place boundaries, and I think it is really great that you are thinking about what you can do to help yourself in those situations. Listening to music or watching a movie are some really great self-care strategies Heart. It can be really tough when you are trying to support someone who might not know about what they are needing. Do you have anyone that you feel comfortable talking to about what you are going through? Counselling services like Kids Helpline and Headspace are always there for you if you want to talk to a counsellor about what you are going through. 

Re: my dad is very emotionally volatile and has anger issues

Hi @priyaaaa, that all sounds really tough Smiley Sad As the others have mentioned, please know there are supports available to you - it is really hard to go through something like that without help and you deserve to feel supported!

How are you doing this week? Heart