cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: not coping

Hey @scared01 sorry to hear today isn't a good day for you. Was there anything in particular that's made it harder for you?

Oh that's awesome to hear that you are journalling and practicing some self-care, it sounds like you are doing better than you are giving yourself credit for. Remember that these little steps you are taking count for so much so don't disregard the fact that you are doing so well given everything. Even the fact that you are prioritising certain things in your psych sessions is awesome, you should be proud of yourself for knowing what is going to help you and taking the initiative to do it even if it doesn't feel like it's getting any better Heart 

It honestly does sound like you have so much going on, I can't relate to being a carer but i can only imagine how hard that could be if you know that someone is depending on you while you are feeling like this. The fact that you are able to still commit to this shows how strong and self-less you are so I really commend you. Do you have any other family members who help you with your carers role? and are the events you have planned essential to attend? It is ok to say no to some events, it is not always realistic that you can show up to all of them.

Yeah! I can relate to the sleeping, sometimes I'll sleep for like 3 hours and check my phone at 3am knowing I have to get up at 6 and dread it but then spring straight out of bed at 6? Whereas if I get 8 hours I'm all snuggly in bed and I'm dreading getting out. Maybe it's because we know we've had little sleep and our bodies are like 'get up now or it won't happen!'?? 

There is a Well-Being Wednesday thread about learning this week and I might look into the sleeping thing we have discussed so if you get a chance, take a look at it in a few days for my update! I'll probably tag you just incase to, if that's okay! 

xxx

just lots of health anxiety going on @lennycat2017
i also went to the drs today and got told i need to undergo some tests as my worries about my heart are quite concerning and may be a heart condition so getting that looked into along with having many other triggers.

ive been doing alot of journalling and also using my worry box as well. so i guess thats something.

the events are essential unfortunatly as it varies between weddings, surgury, other special occassions.. i dont have anyone else to help with the carers role either unforuntaly but they are good suggestions. im just pretty stuck atm with things. i have cancelled some events though or as it gets closer might pull out of like a wedding or a special event like birthday or something but its a little to early to make those decsions sort of thing.

yes exactly. and those cold mornings and a snuggly bed make it even harder!
sounds good, yeah feel free to tag me. i can share some tips on sleep hygeine if that helps. what doesnt work for me might work for you and/or others.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hey @scared01, that really sucks to find another complication that you have to deal with. I read that you were honest about how you have been feeling which is great and never easy. It can be worrying to have a health problem pop up although it is also reassuring to know it is being addressed.. hopefully they get to the bottom of it! Using journalling, your worry box and the wellbeing threads here are definitely something to be proud of. They can seem like small actions but they still help us along the way.. Heart

I noticed you also called a helpline.. that is great! I know this is generally not your preferred support. What made you feel the need to call tonight? What was helpful about the session? I also agree about the snuggly bed. I just purchased an electric doona! One that you cover yourself with.. rather than use as an underlay. I get cold sitting down at my desk studying but now I suspect I will just never move from anywhere.. ever Smiley Happy

its a little scary as its to do with me heart @Taylor-RO but maybe itll be nothing. better safe than sorry though.
no, helplines arent generally my prefferred support but i was in a really rough spot with my health anxiety and lots of triggers. i couldnt really talk here and i needed faster one-one support so thought id give them ago and talking it out helped a little bit.

ooh i so want one of those electric doonas!!! i can see you all snuggled up at your desk lol.

@scared01 I'm really sorry to hear how tough things are for you right now! It sounds like you have alot of responsibilities and I really think you are doing an amazing job getting by with all your health anxieties, carer role and feeling depressed. You truly are doing great using your supports and self care strategies. Hang in there! 

thanks @mspaceK i had a bit if a breather from my worries while i was out at lunch which was nice

@scared01 thank you for being active on my thread. It means alot <3 I am glad your lunch was good Smiley Very Happy 

your welcome @mspaceK thanks for being so supportive of me too Heart

im feeling quite upset tonight, is there anyone around to talk to?

hey @scared01 sorry for being MIA the past couple of days. I'm glad you had @Taylor-RO  & @mspaceK to chat with you. 

What's going on tonight?