cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: not coping

thats ok @lennycat2017 theres never any obligation to be here when your not up for it etc.
im lucky that theres a whole forum of people to chat to Smiley Tongue

im still upset but a shower helped but im abit nervous about tomorrow, and i guess its jsut the start of a tricky month. ive had a few triggerrs today that have crept up abit with me
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@scared01 I'm glad to hear a shower made you feel a bit better Heart 

What have you got on tomorrow?

I saw on another thread you are seeing your psych this week, are you looking forward to that? 

It can be overwhelming when we know we have a busy month coming up, are you able to create a plan for this month that might help you manage it? Scheduling in some me time will make sure you are looking after yourself and having a plan I can refer to always helps me to feel a bit more in control. 

I'm sorry to hear your triggers popped up, do you have any strategies currently in place for when this happens? If not, perhaps is this something you could discuss with your psych this week?

ive got some tess to check on my heart @lennycat2017 tomorrow and tuesday ive got different tests booked in. i have to make an appointment with my gp to see her hopefully this week once all the tests come back.

yeah ive got my psych on friday, im not looking forward to it. i dont really find it helpful at the moment, im not sure if its because this therapy needs a little bit of time to work or maybe its not for me. im going to give it another session or 2 and see how i go. ive only got 5 sessions left so id like to try and make the most of it.

i have a dairy that i have the appointments in but can usually only plan a week at a time as usually theres alot of adding/changing etc throughout the week.

i jsut keep coping the way i normally do through my strategies. there isnt to much more i can do really

@scared01 oh yes sorry, I did read below you had to have some tests done but I didn't realise it was so soon. I think it is great you're being proactive about it, it is definitely better to figure out what is going on if something is so you can get the appropriate help for it. Let us know how it goes, if you are wanting to talk afterwards tomorrow Heart 

Oh no, I thought you were looking forward to your psych appointment Smiley Sad Have you told your psych that you aren't getting much out of your sessions together? It could be very beneficial for you to make sure those last 5 sessions count to let them know. Are you going to take your journal with you?

That's good! Even a little bit of a plan can help. Is it normally things with your family member you care for that change?

I can imagine a routine may be hard to create with everything that is going on at the moment. Would you find it helpful to start your day with 5-15mins of 'me time'? Sometimes I find waking up and having a stretch/being mindful when I have my first coffee for the day before I talk with anyone else can really help me to focus on what I need to do that day. 

It is good to hear you have strategies in place for when triggers pop up. Do you find they help? 

I'm sorry you are having a rough night tonight @scared01 . I have had my boyfriend over tonight to keep me company and I just had a nice long shower. I read that you had a shower too. I wish you all the best for your tests tomorrow. Goodnight. 

thank you @mspaceK and @lennycat2017

ive had one test but it couldnt be completed because i passed out and i only have one vein that blood can be drawn from. really sucks but i have a 24hr ecg machine so ill get the second lot of bloods done tomorrow once i comeplete the 24hr test.

thanks @lennycat2017 i wont get the results until monday morning but thats ok cause ive got other appointments through out the week to keep me occupied for now.

nah ive never been a fan of psych appointments, ive considered giving it up for a while to see if just having a break from it for a while would be helpful.sometimes i feel like im going around in circles but im doing what the psych asks of me-like the homework tasks she sets.
i have spoke to her before but it is exposure therapy so we are sitting on a fine balance of what isnt to much and how much can i push sort of thing. 10 sessions doesnt feel like enough sometimes. i dont take my journal with me as most i dont like to share but ill let her know how ive been in between the sessions.

ive always got changes happening, it could be for my caree, or myself or something else happening with the horses or family members im around.

ive got me time in my day, its usually at night time though and i watch a tv show or something. well i guess you could class it as me time even though hes still in the house and is rather annoying. but its better than nothing i suppose.....
my day usually starts with having to get out of bed and go pick up kids for school except some tuesdays and thursdays. maybe ill get a sleepin tomorrow hey!

I'm thinking of you @scared01 . Well done for getting through today! <3 i wish I could say more but I'm not feeling up to it today. I just want you to know that I care though. 

thats more than ok @mspaceK :Heart:

Hi @scared01,

How are you going today? Did you get that sleep in this morning you were hoping for?

You mentioned that you have been working with a psychologist and have been really open with them about what you feel comfortable doing in terms of the approaches you are taking with exposure therapy. Are they supportive when you let them know where the limit is for you within a session?

I am loving reading through the resilience GR from last night! Smiley Happy

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

hi @Jess1-RO

Im going okish. im embarrassed from yesterday and this morning and really lacking motivation to get my assignment started. no i didnt get a sleep in or really slept at all. its abit uncomfortable trying to sleep in an ecg machine hooked up for 24hrs.

yeah my psych is alright in terms of listening, but with this im unsure of my own limits. i think im going to slow but at the same time i know if i go to fast it wont be helpful either. she likes to do self-directed approaches but im in need of some direction too like thats the reason im there as much as her listening and giving me the opportunity to self direct i dont know what im doing either. Does that make sense?

It was a good chat last night, i hope others will get involved to though as its a really good topic