Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: not coping

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hey @scared01, hope are well today my friend Heart Sorry again for the delayed response, I might not reply straight away but I promise to come back and catch up with you when I get a chance!

Assignments can be hard to start - have you done up a study plan? Setting little goals like 'write 250 words' or 'find 1 research article' can really help to get the ball rolling and increase motivation. 

Oh no that machine sounds uncomfortable - hopefully it returns some results! Both with the machine and your tests you had done recently. 

Hmm I've never had exposure therapy (i think that is what you said) and I don't know too much about it unfortunately. It definitely makes sense what you are saying though, have you discussed that with her? Have you thought about switching to other types of therapy with her? 

I loved that chat! I just got involved! Your answers were super insightful and I hope that thread made you realise just how resilient you are Smiley Happy 

Hi @scared01,

How are you tracking today? Sorry to see there wasn't anyone around when you needed to chat last night Heart Did you manage to speak to someone off the forums or do something for you to get through a tough moment?

Thinking of you today!

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

thanks @lennycat2017 @Jess1-RO
im not really in a good headspace today. worse than yesterday. i cant really work out how to respond properly. im sorry

Hey @scared01 no sorry's necessary. we're here for you no matter what Smiley Happy

Sending you lots of love and support! 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

thank you @letitgo Heart

hey @Jess1-RO
i am feeling very hopeless at the moment. it seems every thing that i work towards gets taken away and it gets harder and harder every time that happens Smiley Sad
make me question what the point is.

hey @lennycat2017 its ok, you dont need to apologise.
i havent done a study plan as it was only one of those short courses. im on the last assignment and it seems pretty straight forward but its the motivation that im lacking to actually do it or even spend the time starting it in those small increments.

thank you, the tests didnt go so well blood wise, dont have very good veins and have come up in big brusies because none wanting to actually come out of the veins. bit frustrating and painful but hopefully thats done for now.
the machine was pretty uncomfortable mostly because it was strapped to me but i could take it off when i was sitting down for a while or sleeping etc, cords arent very big though so couldnt move around to much to sleep. its over now though, hopefully there will be some more results.

yeah exposure therapy. its a form of trauma work, basically taking steps in exposing myself to my triggers/event until i dont have as much anxiety. ive spoken to her about it but i dont know if i want to switch either. ive tried cbt so much that i go backwards with it and this seemed like a good option. i might just try to put in the effort abit more and see how it goes. ill be finished wih the sessions in another month or so anyway and then i wont see her again till the new year.

Hi @scared01 I am sorry to hear you are feeling hopeless at the moment, I can imagine it must be hard to feel like things you’re working towards are falling apart. 

Do you want to chat a bit more about what is happening?

What have you got planned for today? 

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here