cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: out of hospital but feeling bad

i saw my psychologist so that was good i am trying to just keep busy but idk it is hard i am feeling weird tonight. 

Hey @Eden1717, glad to hear that the talk with your psychologist went well! Did you get some sleep last night despite feeling weird? Distraction and finding ways to keep busy can be really good - what sort of things do you like doing to keep busy? 

i didnt get much sleep. i like doing art and going online and stuff just anything watching tv just keeping busy. i am still feeling weird though. 

Sorry to hear today wasn't great AND you didn't sleep Smiley Sad Art is awesome and tv can be a great distraction as well! I find that art can be really soothing and helpful when I'm feeling down, too. Sometimes it even helps when I'm feeling particularly down or weird to make some art about how I'm feeling. Sometimes it turns out pretty strange looking but it can good to express tough things on paper. The cool thing about art is you can use so many different medias! Like collage or painting or drawing or photo editing. 

I wonder if you would find this post of @JanaG's helpful as well, it's about how to make a sensory kit to soothe yourself when you're feeling down or weird - http://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Everyday-life-stuff/Sensory-Kits/m-p/204031#M14988 - maybe you could add some of your art stuff or your favourite tv shows? Plus making one could be a good distraction! 

If you need other distractions you can always check out our games threads here on RO or share your fave tv shows on this thread here - http://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Hanging-out/Favourite-TV-Shows/td-p/201776

@Eden1717 as well as RO, don't forget kids helpline is always there (online or phone which is 1800 55 1800) if you need to chat to someone tonight! 

Hope you get get some more sleep tonight. Thinking of you. FYI I'm not going to be on RO for a while after today, so I won't see any replies for a bit, sorry Smiley Sad 

yeah i do lots of weird art it is good i have been trying to get more skills to help cope it is just hard to find ones that work. 

How are you doing @Eden1717? What kind of art do you enjoy?

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

i am not doing great. i like painting and drawing.
Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717
Its so awesome that you have a passion for art i bet your pretty good at it too Smiley Happy whenever im feeling down or just in a bad headspace i find doing something creative super helpful. Have you tried drawing or painting something uplifting or calming. I know art can be used to express how u are feeling but its even more amazing that you can use it to explore positive imagery . Personally im a dancer so when im super down i used to listen to music that related to how i felt and dance through my emotions but then i realized that even more helpful then that i could choose positive encouraging music with empowering lyrics and dance my way fo feeling like that. Maybe you could try and use your art skills to do something similar?
Let me know if that is something youd find worth trying & i you do try it id love to hear if it was helpful. Know thay we all care about you and want to know how your goig Smiley Happy

thanks i do try and do that with my art at the moment i am working on a giant rock pool so that is good.

That sounds really cool . I know youve mentioned earlier that ur finding it hard to sleep is that still a problem for you ?