cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: out of place

thanks @Esperanza67 but even here im finding it harder to reach out or to fit in. i dont know how to fix a broken brain so that i can go back to being able to support others more or at least make some good helpful posts again.

im watching tv atm but i have to go pick up the kids and go to the shop. other than that theres not alot to do
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

I think that is normal to have difficulties supporting others here on the forums @scared01 when we're going through some tough times ourselves, especially some of the posts here can be really both mentally and emotionally challenging! Even despite having some training to support others' mental health, I myself struggle sometimes with what to say/how to support members here on the forums and sometimes I won't be in the headspace for these Tough Times posts and so I'll go hang out in the Games or Hanging Out threads instead.

Btw, I was wondering if you're still seeking professional support?

it feels like its been a long time since ive been able to support properly.
Not really, i eventually see a headspace counsellor in feb but other than that no. i dont have a reg gp nd i dont get on with my psychistrist but i dont feel i need one of those anyway since im not adjusting my meds again.
so just the psych eventually @Esperanza67

sorry i need to go now. thank you for chatting

Okay, that's good to hear that you've reached in with headspace and that you'll see them next month @scared01 Smiley Happy. In the meantime, what can you do to support yourself until you see your headspace counsellor?

I've just seen your last post after I posted my last post @scared01, whoops! It's all good, it's good to have a chat with you again @scared01. Let us know what else we can do to support you. Sending virtual hugs <3

Hey @scared01

The situation with your sister sounds really tough. I just wanted to say that I completely relate. I used to be best friends with my little sister and now our relationship has deteriorated almost beyond repair. She would never visit me, never want to talk to me and she even said we should just walk out of each other's lives forever. And it wasn't a little spat, it's been an issue that has been going on for just over 2 years now and I am still struggling with it.

I don't want to give up on my relationship with her, it's not easy because we don't live together so I try to visit her often but for the time being not put any pressure on her to go out with me. Something that sorta worked for me was bringing up old times. Like I would say "remember when we did (insert activity) as kids how silly we were?" or mention an inside joke that only her and I used to share. And that usually results in her and I having a laugh for a few moments together and I guess I think it might slowly rekindle the bond. Or alternatively I still sometimes ask her for advice on something I'm dealing with. Just get the ball rolling with us again.

I know how it feels to have a family member push me away and it can cascade into feeling like I don't belong but it's helpful to remember that there are people who love you. I know that this community for instance really values you and it wouldn't be the same without you. I genuinely hope that things become better for you and remember we are here for you just like you have been here for others so many times Heart

thank you @Ladybug
the problem is though is shes alot younger than me. its just hard becasue both of my sisters have been like my kids in a way becasue i do alot of the mothering role and for even them to not want to be near me is really hard.
we had an ok night though with dinner desert and a movie that we all liked as well as going shopping so was ok.

thanks @Esperanza67 i honestly suppose ill just have to keep taking one day at a time.. sometimes i wonder the point of going to therapy. i only have 10 sessions to work on things and its suppose to be trauma work now...

Hey there @scared01,

I'm sorry to hear how things are going with your sister, are they both distant or just one? It sounds like your night last night was nice, dinner and desert plus a movie sounds nice Smiley Happy

I hear you around support, it can be difficult to know if it's worth it, especially when there's only so many sessions in a year. Do you know if you'll be seeing your psych in early or late Feb? Do you think you could access other supports, such as online counseling, in between those sessions, what do you think? 

It's okay to take things one day at a time. Sometimes we do need breaks from support others on the forums, and that's not a bad thing either. Your posts are always so insightful and compassionate, it's okay to spend some time in the lighter sections of the forums as @Esperanza67 suggested if that's what you feel like doing. What do you think?

-----

I am finishing with ReachOut this week, say good-bye here. I'll miss you all!