cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: overwhelmed

hi  @roseisnotaplant how are you today?

as you know i havent been around much but would like to keep up here, do you want to catch me up in a summary?

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Sure thing @scared01.

So I saw my paediatrician last Wednesday and she prescribed me antidepressants and melatonin (because I'm now suddenly having a lot of trouble sleeping). Neither these have done anything but I wouldn't expect them to yet because I've only been on them for lie four days.

School started back today, but I had a really bad day yesterday and today hasn't been great either, so I didn't go which I'm angry with myself about. I've got a meeting with my house leader tomorrow to sort something out though, as well as a meeting with my OT on Thursday so I think between them we'll sort something out for what me and school are going to look like this term.

So I guess I'm doing okay? Kind of? Watched Paper Towns today and did some other stuff - I'm kind of just trying to distract myself atm.

ok cool thanks for the update @roseisnotaplant

i was on melatonin and found it didnt work for me though others had great success. ive a very long term chronic insomiac though so it might have better success for you. Antidepressants take a minmimum of 4 weeks to even get into the system so not an over night fix unfortunaletly.

i hope all your meetings go well for you. will keep an eye out for you and check in to see how your doing.

im ok i guess. thanks for asking

What did you think of Paper Towns @roseisnotaplant?

How have you been over the past couple of days? Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

It was pretty good @letitgo - I saw it when it came out too Smiley Happy

I've been okay over the last few days. I've been getting to little bits of school which is good. I had a meeting with my house leader and we've worked out a plan for the week which is really helpful. Been doing a lot more gardening too which is a good way to get outdoors and trick yourself into doing exercise Smiley Tongue

@roseisnotaplant I'm glad your feeling OK. Hopefully it'll hang around for a while! Smiley Happy 

hi @roseisnotaplant sorry i missed this convo! glitch in the site as im now aware of and wondered why it was so quiet here!

im really glad your meeting went well and also that your going to school

keep up the great work Smiley Happy

hey @roseisnotaplant i didnt get notifications for here either!

glad your doing ok and that your meeting went well. kepe up the great work Smiley Happy

how have you been today? do you have any plans for the weekend?

Thanks @scared01!

I'm doing pretty good atm, way better than earlier this week. I went to this girls group at school today which was fun and a way for me to meet new people. I'm seeing the school counsellor and my OT next week and I'm feeling really good about how things are going. I still have to let my friends know what's going on though - I might make a new thread about that.

No plans for the weekend yet - maybe some spring cleaning or something Smiley Tongue

@roseisnotaplant What things do you want to do that you haven't been able to due to how you've been feeling? Could you do some of those this weekend?

Whenever I've had to explain my condition to people I say something like 'I have X. Do you know about it?' I start with that because it gives me an idea of what they already know and can clear up misconceptions. If they don't know, I say 'It affects me in these ways, but I can still do X, Y and Z. Treatment involves X, Y or Z. Everyone is different in how the condition affects them and the treatments they find effective. If you have any more questions, I'm happy to answer them. Do you want to go shopping/to the movies ect?'  It's a very effective way of having what can be a difficult conversation, but still keeps things relaxed and polite.

You may have your own way of explaining things. This is just one idea 😀 Let us know how it goes