cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

panic attack

Ok so I am currently overseas, I have no way contacting my doctor because I am overseas and it's currently night time in Australia. I don't have any doctors of any sort over here, and it's about 6pm. Anyway what has happened is that my flight has lost my baggage. I remember putting checking it in and all, and the bag tags and stuff. However I did not get a receipt for my baggage. I have done everything I can do in order to get my baggage back, all I can do is wait. The problem is that I have my medication (which I use for sleep and also my depression/anxiety) in this bag and since I won't be getting it in a few days or so ( I am not sure because they haven't found it yet...) I am worried how I will be coping for the next few days considering i do not have my baggage/medication with me. I am feeling really anxious and do not know how to cope at the moment. 

Re: panic attack

update: so I found out the reference number for my baggage because I called the airport I checked into, but now I have to call the airport I arrived in tomorrow regarding my lost baggage - the only issue now is how will I cope without my medication. If any of you guys have any tips on that what you do please? More tips to do with how to go to sleep and fighting anxiety/stress I guess......

Hi @keezeik thanks for reaching out, it sounds like it's been quite a stressful time for you. I'm glad to hear you found your reference number for your baggage. In terms of tips on how to manage anxiety and stress in the meantime, here is an article that you mind useful. Hope that helps Smiley Happy

hey @keezeik
im sorry youve had this trouble! I really hope you get your baggage back tomorrow. maybe try to use your breathing and meditation techniques, soothing things like having a hot chocolate/tea but limit coffees and caffine, longer baths or showers, walks and movies.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

thank you @Lan-RO and @scared01 I'll do those things today and hopefully I'll get my luggage soon.

your welcome @keezeik
i hope you get your luggage back soon. remember you can reach out to a helpline and also us here too

so I have gotten my luggage really late at night, and as a result I am staying home today instead of going to uni because I am really exhausted. I took my medication as soon as i got it so it's all fine now

so glad you got it back @keezeik

@keezeik I'm so glad everything worked out okay in the end Heart well done on recognising that you needed some time to rest and recuperate! So important xx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a Slow-Mo Getting Real chat on Family Changes during the week running from the 7-11th of October! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart