cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

panic attack

i started new thread because i don’t know but right now I’m starting to have a panic attack and I don’t know what to do.

im on a school excursion right now and my teacher is off sick so I can’t go to her. I don’t know what to do. I’m on the verge of tears, I feel sick and weak, very overwhelmed and I can’t breathe. I was also getting really anxious before and my friends were like suck it up. I really need some help erghhh

Re: panic attack

Hi @litgym,

I'm sorry to hear you are having a panic attack. Do you have your phone on you to call someone? Like your mum or lifeline?

The replacement teacher, are they around? 

When you are having a panic attack, getting your breathing regulated can help to stop the dizziness and nausea, slow your heart rate back down and slow the flow of adrenaline. Do you think this would help? Breathe in for 5 seconds, hold for two seconds, then out for five seconds? The my calm beat app can help you count the seconds and when to breathe in and out too.

Let us know how you go and whether you've managed to get someone to help you

Check out our community activities calendar for September 2019 here

Hey @litgym,

It's been a couple of hours since you've posted this - just wondering how you're going? Have you managed to settle down at all? Heart

Hey @Jess1-RO

I’ve calmed down but we don’t really have access to our phone unfortunately. The replacement teacher is a guy and I didn’t speak to him because I didn’t want to.

Ill probably speak to my teacher about it next week.  Thank you for the strategies. My friends were being really annoying and I don’t think they understood what was going on. I was texting my friend from out of school while I was having a panic attack.

hey @lokifish

I’ve managed to settle down thankfully Smiley Happy

im okay, the excursion is pretty boring and my friend is being really rude. I can’t wait to get home so I can chill and calm myself down.

Thanks for the support guysHeart

Hi @litgym,

I just want to start by saying you did a great job in reducing the panic attack and staying on the excursion. That is not easy to do and shows so much courage and resilience! Heart 

I'm glad to hear you are going to talk to your regular teacher when you see them next Smiley Happy Was it helpful texting your friend from outside of school? 

Hopefully you can do something relaxing or enjoyable when you get home today Heart

thanks it means a lot @Jess1-RO

yeah it was helpful to talking to my friend but i wish she was actually with me.

my friend is being really mean right now and I’m just having such a horrible day. i just feel like nothing to my friends. my head is also throbbing. can’t take much more of anything anymore. im on the verge of tears again, im just so done with all this shit. my other friend keeps telling me im in a bad mood but like maybe if she didn’t keep pushing me on the sand (it was for fun but she wouldn’t stop) then maybe I would be happy. and also if she wasn’t given me crap about my anxiety.

i just keep getting this unwanted thoughts and i can’t stop them, its all i think about. i try so hard but my best isn’t good enough. i feel useless and like nothing, that i don’t matter to people’s lives. its like i feel dead inside, i have no self esteem, no motivation for anything. my friends, family and life has just drained everything out of me and i have no fuel left.

Hi @litgym

Today sounds like it has been tough for many reasons. Thank you for being honest about how you are feeling right now.

I'm sorry to hear how down you feel about yourself right now, particularly when those feelings are brought on by interactions with people close to you Heart From the conversations we have had, you are working so hard on your wellbeing and have certainly done a lot to support the community on the forums. 

I am hearing how distressing the thoughts are right now. What time do you get to finish up with the excursion? What can we do right now to get you through until you can get home?

Thinking of you and we are always here to lend an ear Heart

hey @Jess1-RO

it honestly has been really tough. we’re on the bus back to school but then i have to take another bus home. so i won’t be home till like 4:30. right now im listening to music but im also drowned in my thoughts. i can’t get rid of them. it’s so hard because im screaming for help but all i get back is “you’re in a bad mood” “are you ever happy?” like leave me alone, i try so hard and sorry this is my best. im just not myself anymore, i don’t know who i am anymore and my mum says she doesn’t even know me anymore. why can’t my school environment be different to home but of course it’s just the same bullshit.

hey @litgym
im so sorry your having to deal with difficult people when it really shoud be a fun time. People who havent got mental health issues dont understand how it affects. im wondering if you have supports at all? If you are struggling to much you really should get some supports. Do you think speaking to your school counsellor would be helpful at all? or talking to your mum about getting some help
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**