cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: panic attack

hi @scared01

i wish people knew more about mental illnesses and i understood how people feel when they are suffering. i see the school consuellor but she is honestly no help and my mum is finding some help for me. i also speak to my teacher who is suffering depression and anxiety just like me and we’re very close. i found her the most helpful because she tells me how she deals with it and she can relate and actually helps me. im almost home so im gonna eat and watch Netflix.

thanks for caringHeart

Highlighted

@litgym im really glad that your mum is looking into some more help for you too. When i spoke to the school counsellors it was a bit of hit and miss sometimes it was ok other times i wondered why i went! Having that teacher there to talk to is amazing esp since she has lived experience too.
Eating and netflix sounds like a great way to chill after a hard day.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

@scared01 yeah i don’t really know how i feel about the consuellor, she doesn’t seem to help much and it feels like im getting nowhere with her.

my mum is upsetting me so much right now. she keeps firing at me for no reason and my wifi is barely working at the moment :/ she is making me so upset, i already had a bad day. whatever i do is wrong in her eyes. why can’t i just listen to music, watch netflix and do chill stuff. its friday night and i want to relax after a long week. i just can’t take much more. is it ever going to get better ? because im seeing no improvement in my life. like i have no motivation for anything but if im being productive (in my eyes) at home then let me be because it’s a lot of effort coming from me. i want to runaway from home, escape everything. i would runaway but i would get into so much trouble and its pretty dangerous at night too.

Highlighted

hi @litgym im sorry youve got quite alot happening at home too.
What sorts of things is she firing at you for? i know you say nothing but will see if i can pick something up from what shes saying. Do you think asking her calmly what is wrong because you keep getting yelled at but arent doing anything?
Would contacting a helpline benefit you at all?
Highlighted

hey @scared01

i think she is just pretty stressed out from work and tends to put everything on me but sometimes she’ll just put me down for no reason like “you’re shirt is ugly” “those earrings are too big” “do you seriously think that white shirt looks good under your school shirt?”. But that’s still no excuse to be yelling at your daughter. And whenever she starts getting aggressive or yelling at me I also get in a bad mood and my self esteem is even lower than normal. i have no energy for anything, i just feel dead like these thoughts are just spiraling through my head but im not actually processing anything and i feel numb, if that makes any sense.

ive asked her before kindly but she just had even massiver go at me like geez calm down. once she didn’t speak to me for 3 days.

i would contact a helpline but i won’t get in at this time :/

Highlighted

yeah that makes sense @litgym
she shouldnt be taking it out on you though. it seems she doesnt know how to process things or handle stress that well herself. sometimes people dont listen, do you think writing her a letter and tell her how her yelling at you and saying things like that are affecting you? Maybe her reading it it would be easier for her to process. id write it over the weekend but dont give it to her until monday so she can read it while you at school

Highlighted

thanks for the idea @scared01

i may do it but i know she’ll try talk to me in person and it’ll just go downhill. i also hate talking to her. right now she is being besties with my sister even though my sister was crying like 30 minutes ago because of her.

i just want things to get better but they seem to just be staying at a stable low level and not getting any better, its been like this for over the last year.

Highlighted

even if she wants to talk to you @litgym giving her the time to process it might be better for her than getting into an argument. having a convo that is more calm would better for the both of you.
Thats why im thinking some supports would be helpful for you so you cna talk in person, and they can suggest things that might be worth trying for your situation as well
Highlighted

yeah quite true @scared01 i guess i don’t really like the attention on me that much from anyone. like when i came out about my anxiety to her i was shaking and having all the symptoms when my anxiety kicks in. i just want to get all the help i can (not from my mum though) because it’s not fair for anyone to deal with depression and anxiety especially at such a young age.

Highlighted

yeah im not a fan of the attention on me either, i guess sometimes showing how bad thigns are for you it also shows her that you need some help @litgym
can i ask how old you are?