cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems at home

hi i'm new to this forum,i need help/advice.i have been living with my gf for about 13 years ,suddenley she became offish and wouldnt talk to me,i went for a holiday overseas to help some people rebuild their house and get thier life back in order,when i returned she was even worse and now she told me she wants me out in a month,when i asked her what was wrong all i get is you tell me,i suspect she thinks i was up to no good overseas but  that is nowhere near the truth,i hope someone can help me,i'm on the edge of a breakdown

Re: problems at home

Hi Jamie, welcome to Reach Out.

I'm sorry to hear you are going through tough times in your relationship. It must be especially hard after selflessly donating your time to help others and feeling good about your contribution to come home to doubt and suspicion.

Have you checked out this fact sheet about conflicts in relationships? Communication is really crucial, particularly since you don't know what is behind your girlfriend's change of heart. This article has some great tips for stating difficult conversations, like sitting down calmly and maintaining eye contact. It's hard to work out a solution until you know what the problem is.

If the situation is getting overwhelming and you need someone to talk to, don't be afraid to try a telephone support network like Mensline (1300 78 99 78). Professional counselors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and you can remain anonymous.

And of course we are always here to listen. I hope you can stick around and check out our Man Cave where men talk manly things about relationships!

Hey Jamie 

Welcome to the forums. It is terrible that you are feeling like you are going to break down and I understand you have been together for a very long time and you mean a lot to each other. Have you thought of writing her a letter and telling her how you feel? 

Ellebelle has given you some great information and I hope that helps and if you do need to talk you can always come back on here and we are always here to support you 

Take care of yourself. 

i've tried the letter,the reply i got i wont repeat heheheh,

thanks for the quick reply,i will sit down with her agin today and try to talk,wish me luck

I hope everything goes well. Smiley Happy

so do i

Hey Jamie

Thanks for coming to RO to seek some info and support. How did your talk with your girlfriend go? We are always here if you need it Smiley Happy

Doris

hi all,thanks for all the help/advice i have made a decision to leave,i dont think i have another option,it might be better in the long run anyway,i dont want to not be trusted,pretty awkward way to have a relationship,so i've decided to move on and will be out of the house in 3 weeks,once again thank you,jamie

Hey Jamie 

I think you made the right choice for yourself and it may be difficult but you are right, it just might be for the best and you deserve to feel trusted especially if you have not done anything. 

If you do need some tips on how to cope after a break up, this factsheet might help 

I hope everything works out for you and if you need to talk please come back we are always here for you. 

Let us know how you go Smiley Very Happy 

Take care of yourself.