cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

starting up chemo

Sorry i know i post on here a lot, but tonight is my first chemo session an im so scared. I absolutely hate chemo and would wish it on anyone even my worst enemy.
I hate how it makes you feel.
I really dont want to go tonight. Sitting in the hospital with a drip in my arm thinking about all the things that have gone terribly wrong in my life is really scary
An i honestly dont think i can go through with it!!!!
Highlighted

Re: starting up chemo

Hey @Talitha93 

Firstly don't be sorry for posting alot. We want to be there for you whenever you need us. 

Even though I won't fully know what it's like to go through chemo, I feel for you. It sounds terrifying but it is the required step for you to get better and become healthy again. 

Tell me more about what's on your mind. Who will be attending the session tonight with you?

Highlighted

Hey @Talitha93 

Its great that you post on hear a lot as I've definately found it helpful, and if it makes you feel even the smallest bit better or helps a bit. Post as much as you want or need to.

I know from previous posts that you've been really scared but do want to do it. It's totally ok to be scared, just think about how good it will be when its over, stay strong. Even if noone can go with you try and talk to someone about it beforehand, which might make you feel a bit better and reassure you a bit.

Try not to think about all the things that have gone wrong, because there will always be things that have gone right, try to focus on these. I know its scary but mostly chemo is sucessful and you'll start to feel a lot better soon. x

Highlighted

Hey @Talitha93

RO is the perfect place to share how you feel, when you get it out it might help you feel just a little bit better so dont be sorry.

I can't even imagine how horrible that is for you right now and it must be so draining. I don't know much about chemo but are you able to distract yourself from sitting there thinking about your life.

Could you read a book or listen to music or something that can keep your mind busy in the best way?

You are so strong, through all that you have been through and you will get through this.

Take care and stay strong.

@NutellaBuster
I went to chemo alone, no one could come with me.
There is a lot of things going through my mind. From not being strong enough to do this anymore to why dont i just give up as no one cares...

@dobbythedoctor
Thank you. I tried hard to be strong and not think about things but it was impossible. Within ten minutes i pulled the cannula out already..
Highlighted

Hi @Talitha93 

Sitting anywhere thinking about all the things that have gone wrong in your life is hard enough let alone if you're doing it while getting chemo. Is there any way you can read a funny book or watch your favvourite tv series on your phone? Even just funny youtube clips oof animals being hilarious. Anything other than just thinking.

Is that an option at all?

Audio books can be bought and downloaded onto a smmart phone. Would that help pass the time better?

Highlighted

Hey @Talitha93, just wanted to jump in and say I hope the chemo went alright and that you're recovering well. Things may be really scary and hard right now, but there will be things in your life that will bring you joy so please don't give up on yourself just yet, you're stronger than you know. Sending good thoughts your way Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hey @Talitha93,

Starting chemo is a big brave step towards getting better. I'm really glad to hear you're doing it, even though it's a horrible thing to go through.

I think Nigio made some great suggestions for how to keep yourself distracted or amused during chemo. If a book or magazine is too much, maybe just YouTube videos of pandas being silly? Smiley Happy

Wishing you all the best with the chemo.

blithe

Highlighted

hey @blithe 

im okay just been really sick and tired the last few days, seems tohave knocked me around a little bit more than i expected.. 

it was hard to sit there and read a book or do something as i wasnt in to the mood to do anything. it was hard to try and be happy about things. i tried to think postive and think about what the future will be like once im over this but i couldnt bring myself to it.. 

thanks ill have a look at the video 

x

Highlighted

*nodnod*

Yep, chemo is so hard on your body. It's understandable you couldn't concentrate too much. I hope you like the pandas. Smiley Happy

blithe