cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stress, anxiety, body image... everything

I'm having tough times at home and school, all day, everyday. I recently started having mental breakdowns at least once or twice a day, at home but majorly at school. I've lost motivation to do things I love as well as completely my homework. I always seem to leave my homework until last minute which sets off my anxiety and stress. I struggle with body image and it's kind of hard to explain. Mums thinking of putting me on a mental health plan but I'm scared to go to my school doctor about it. If you need more explanation or have any advice please don't be afraid to reply Smiley Happy

Re: stress, anxiety, body image... everything

Welcome to RO @netballcricket14 and thank you for sharing what's been going on or you. It sounds like things have been pretty stressful. It also sounds like a mental health plan might be a great idea. If you're not comfortable chatting to your school doctor, could you maybe go to a different GP? Perhaps at your local medical center?

I'll also tag a few members for you, as I think many of them would have gone through a similar experience and may have some good advice Heart

@Bee @scared01 @litgym @lokifish @N1ghtW1ng @mrmusic

hi @netballcricket14 and welcome!
well done for reaching out, it can be really daunting but youve taken a really positive step.
im also glad to hear your mum is supportive too.
im a little confused.. does your school have a dr or are you refferring to the psychologist?

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

hey thanks for replying!

to answer your "inquiry", we have a school dr and I went today, they've recommended me to a psychologist. So I'll be having another appointment with my school dr in two weeks to do my mental health plan with the recommended psycologist. 

hey @netballcricket14

im glad today went well for you. it sounds like your on the right path now!

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

thanks for the support <3

Sorry to hear you are feeling this way. It’s sometimes overwhelming and I know how hard it feels. I’m glad to hear you have a supportive mum and hopefully the school has referred you to a psychologist. You mentioned stress and anxiety. I have been getting very stressed and anxious for a long time and I found the tips here are quite simple and quite helpful to do when I start getting overwhelmed. Maybe they will help you too.

Highlighted

... you are you. know matter how you look at it. each time i had a mental breakdown i tried to distance myself from people and at the moment where i realized that it was getting worse i did not talk to an adult because i knew it would not help. i went to someone i knew i could trust and knew that they could help me. the mental health plan did not work for because i knew what would work. now i am OK but not better. i try to connect with people and keep them close because i feel myself losing it i know i can talk with them i feel fine again.

@cemetarygirl332 it sucks that you didn't find talking to someone helpful Smiley Sad sometimes it can take a while to find a professional that you 'click' with. I'd encourage you to not give up on help-seeking, as when you do find the right person it can be a really helpful experience Heart

Thank You for the link. I read over them and they seem very useful.