cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

struggling abit tonight- need a few suggestions please

hi everyone im having a pretty hard night Smiley Sad

i have tried coping on my own but need some other ideas.. any suggestions a all?

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

Re: struggling abit tonight- need a few suggestions please

im sorry you’re having a hard night @scared01

have you done any self-care ? are you interested in trying the Calm Harm app or any other apps ? maybe try and distract yourself by doing things you enjoy. 

hopefully you’ll get an idea from the suggestionsHeart

Highlighted

hello @scared01 , I'm sorry to hear about that. I think that's a really good idea like what @litgym said about doing something you enjoy. Also I think another good way is to write down the problems you are having, and maybe try and think of solutions. Personally it really helps because it clears the mind of whatever is bothering you, and maybe you'll get a better perspective or you will find a solution. Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Hi @DruidChild
I needed to move the convo over to here, hope thats ok but I realised ive double crossed posts so will keep this topic to this thread for tonight.
Thank you for your suggestions, I guess despite some self care I feel I need something practical. It is stressing me out that my accounts are in arrears because 3 clients havent bothered to pay for the past 2 weeks even though I reminded them a few days ago. I hate chasing people up but I cant keep providing such cheap rates and then people dont want to pay even those. it is so hard trying to live fortnight to fortnight all the time. i know my last pay went heaps fast because i had to get a part for my car and then rego crept up.

Yeah im safe just abit 'blue' and frustrated. I dont feel I need a helpline, im not distressed just having a hard night, I usually leave those for when I need them. Thanks though.
Highlighted

thanks @litgym
yeah ive just been watching tv, not up for anything else tonight. just frustrated i guess

@keezeik thanks for the suggestion, ive already written things down unfortunatly i dont have any solutions as most of them require other people to cooperate etc. theres only so much that i can do really but it just build up
Highlighted

well at least your doing something to take your mind off things ! @scared01 if you want to do something practical maybe a quick

workout or some meditation? im also sorry you can’t do much but at least you’ve tried the most you can Smiley Happy here to listenHeart

Highlighted

thanks @litgym
just having trouble talking about myself. i find it easier to help others than to talk about me. i had a complete meltdown earlier though. that wasnt fun
Highlighted

Hey @scared01 of course, that makes sense Smiley Happy 

That sounds like a really stressful situation, and I can totally understand how these things can pile up and make you feel really down and blue. It's great that you've done some self care, that's so important as you know Heart

You mentioned that you want to do something practical and also that you feel bad about 'chasing' your clients, perhaps you could work on some of the DBT interpersonal effectiveness skills? They really helped me out when I had a situation where I had to be assertive with somebody. There's info about them here if that's something you feel you could try - https://www.dbtselfhelp.com/html/ie_handout_8.html

I'm happy to hear that you're safe. We're all here to listen and support you Heart

Highlighted

yeah it really is just a sucky situation because i know my pop and mum cant really afford to lend me much either so i have to be home, walk more places and pretty much reduce everything i do jsut to get through each week which is really upsetting tbh. and having to chase people up makes it much more worse. i do have pretty good communication skills but its not like i can force someone to pay me. until they pay i have reduced the workload though instead of daily ive gone down to jsut every second day. i need petrol to be able to do all these things for them. i do know that people struggle sometimes too and if they told me that i would work out other arrangements for them but constantly stuffing me around just makes me rather fruatrated.

thanks for the handout though ill have a look and see if i can pick up some other skills from it @DruidChild
Highlighted

that’s totally understandable @scared01

just glad you’ve done some stuff for yourself tonight !