cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: struggling

@tee lots of stuff happening right now (all the time really) just always juggling about 3000 things I'm over it
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted
tee

maybe take a break then, like you suggested. It will help you clear your head and perhaps you can let go of some of your commitments. You might not want to but it may help you feel a bit better @j95
Highlighted

Try to cut down on the things you're juggling. I know it's hard since it's hard to let go of some things like anger and frustration. I'm the same I can't seem to let mine go. Trying to find ways to release those feelings could be a good start.

I try to make one simple goal for myself during the day. One that I pretty much know I'll do. I usually set goals that I don't follow through with or don't do at all so I see where you're coming from.
Highlighted

@tee sorry i feel like I'm putting down all your suggestions so I'm sorry... but its hard for me to drop some of my commitments when they are really important like work, tafe, looking after my brother
Highlighted

The key word in that sentence is 'some',

We understand there are some important ones you have to hold on to but there's gotta be a couple you can drop or lessen.
tee

@j95 thats ok. sorry I'm new at this. Just don't give up and don't always put yourself last. You're important and if you look after yourself first sometimes, you will in turn be helping the people around you
Highlighted

but my commitments like footy and music are what i use to help me.... but i guess they are not helpful when they are making me stressed out cause too much going on (if that makes sense) :\
Highlighted

Footy and music are what I use to help me too. I think that focusing on them are important. Don't get me wrong, work and studies are important too. Playing footy and music for fun are great but just don't take them too seriously or else they can get on top of you sometimes. I know I was in tears at training because I didn't want to go home.

I'm trying to say that the commitments that aren't important and aren't helpful should take less priority than the ones that are helpful and important if you have any. Those are the extra ones that can really get you down.
Highlighted

@FootyFan26 I get you its just.. I don't think I really have commitments that aren't important to me or maybe I do and I don't know what they are
Highlighted

I think this is one of those 'backpack' moments. You know the one where everyone goes you gotta take stuff out of it cause it gets too heavy and weighs you down. It's hard to recognise when it happens to us but I think this is one of them.

I think trying to deal with the anger and frustration is high on the priorities to 'empty'. I honestly don't have any tips for doing that since I struggle to control my own but trying some of RO's tips might help.