cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: struggling

hey @TOM-RO
its just hard atm, lots of triggers and worries about going to a few appointments that are coming up. one if quite intimidating and scary with some more invasive tests being mentioned so quite anxious about it.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hey @scared01 

Health scares can be really disorienting and can give us a lot of anxiety. Will you have anyone there supporting you through them? Hospitals can be quite intimidating places so its nice to know you will have a support person there with you for some comfort and moral support!

I had a really tough day today @TOM-RO

@scared01 is there anything you need?

I don't really know @Tiny_leaf just overwhelmed and embarrassed.

@scared01 has anything happened?

it was a tough session with a new psychiatrist today @Tiny_leaf it was really awkward and triggering esp the part where he was asking if I was sexually active and making statements like 'well you know young people these days, these new medications may give you more urges for things (as in want sex more) and if I do get those urges just use protection and ill be fine' really awkward indeed.

@scared01 oof..

That sounds like it was really uncomfortable.

I have no idea why he wouldn't just ask the question and then leave it there..

Highlighted

Im not sure @Tiny_leaf he was discussing the side effects of the medication which is to be expected but to be asked more personal questions (except do I plan to get pregnant or is there I chance I am pregnant as they are always asked when starting medications) or to hear those responses. quite awkward indeed

@scared01 "young people these days" tends not to be the start of a promising discussion....

Do you think he even realized how uncomfortable those questions were?