cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: struggling

@scared01 I love that feeling! I cleaned my room today and it just feels so much more relaxing! And when mum cleans the house it feels really nice and.. clean lol
I have a pretty busy week next week but I haven’t been all that busy this week Smiley Happy which is good!

yeah I agree @Bananatime04 it always feel cleaner after mums done it. must be the mothers touch or something hey
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@scared01  @Bananatime04  I've been doing some cleaning too!
We hired a skip bin and threw out a lot of old stuff from around the house. We gave away some of our old possessions too.
Our house is a lot less cluttered now. I'm glad most of it is over with. Smiley Happy

sounds like me too @WheresMySquishy
I didn't get a skip bin though but did do a few tip runs and some council curbside pick ups as well. lots of stuff for sale, giving away for free and donating some items as well. its good to be able to get the house cleared up more now esp since Christmas is coming up quite quickly now too.

@scared01  It's great that you've been able to clean your house too!
There is still some stuff we have to get rid of or store somewhere. We were thinking of doing the rest through the council. We also got a new storage system from a furniture shop, but we haven't assembled it yet.
I love donating old clothes and toys! There are some clothing bins near our house. We've used them a few times. Smiley Happy
We are going to be doing some modifications to our home next month which will help our carees a lot, so we really needed the junk to be cleared to make room for them.

sounds like theres still abit for you to do too but well worth it for the home modifications. its surprising how something simple can make a big difference hey @WheresMySquishy.
ive still got things to do too but im not bothered by it as much now and can slowly do it as I feel up for it.
donating things is pretty good. we also have some local social media sites that are like a paying it forward sort of thing. I often put things up for free there so they go to someone in need that was as well.

Hey @scared01 Just checking in to see how you are going this week? 

We know that the last few weeks have been big for you and want you to know we are all thinking of you! Heart

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here

Hey @Jess1-RO @Hozzles @WheresMySquishy @Bananatime04 @Esperanza67 @Bee @Bree-RO and everyone too
thanks for checking in with me. it has been some big weeks here. I wish I could say they have been positive but unfortunately I cant.

My ever dwindling finances are incredibly hard to try and work out what needs to come first. im still paying off large loans due to my operation and the expenses that had come with that.
the side effects of my operation have been long lasting. most people would have been mostly recovered now but unfortunately my recovery is a very long way off. I have to keep getting checkups as im getting constant lumps bumps, ulcers and so much pain that's unusual. after speaking with my dentist a little ago she has mentioned it may need further surgery to correct a complication which is not only painful, and quite distressing but also affects my ability to chew and to speak. my speech is usually good but since the surgery I have a speech impediment due to a complication so theres still quite abit to think about.

I had a rather big meeting tomorrow which may be a good turning point in getting supports for myself and my caree after a difficult diagnosis for them and knowing what is to come. it wont be an easy path and from here, there is no ups just a steady (or possibly rapid after a time) decline.

a week ago I had another procedure that was very painful but the side effects since then have eased and im hopeful it will help with my long time incurable condition. it wont fix anything but itll hopefully help with the effects of the condition.

my trauma memories etc have been so full on since being triggered the other day so have been trying me best to manage flashbacks that I can not only see but I can hear as loud as someone yelling in my ear. it makes it incredibly hard to rest and even more so sleep. 

I apologise for not being here so much. a lot of my thoughts and energy have been taken up by everything happening here but also my own pain. as so many of you would know, physical pain can be just as draining as mental.

@scared01  It sounds like you're going through so much right now. Smiley Sad
I'm sorry to hear that you're in so much pain and still have a lot of side effects from your operation. That must be so distressing. I really hope that the dentist and surgeons can work out a solution for you and bring you some relief. Heart

It sounds like you will end up having a lot to take in with the meeting, but hopefully they will be able to recommend some more supports given that your caree's condition is not going to go away.
I get your concerns that things are going to get worse for your caree over time. My grandma hasn't been 'officially' diagnosed with anything yet because we are still waiting on her to be assessed but I feel that her mental and physical abilities have been declining for a long time now. It can be a really sad thing to watch someone go through and take a toll on you too.

I hope the procedure helps and that it can get your condition under control and make it more manageable. It can be so hard having an incurable condition and trying various procedures, not knowing if they're going to help or not.
I'm having a procedure early next week to try to reduce the symptoms of my eye condition. My ophthalmologist doesn't think that it will help completely if it does help because my condition seems to have a lot of different causes and isn't something that can be cured.

You don't have to apologise for not being on here. Heart Physical pain can really stop you in your tracks. Smiley Sad I really hope that your doctors can find a way to manage it.

thank you @WheresMySquishy it is quite distressing. I just want it over with. its beginning to get frustrating. ive missed out in a lot of family dinners and things already because I cant eat anything. im worried I wont be ok in time for Christmas.

there will be a fair bit in the meeting but hopefully itll be helpful. I keep thinking im not strong enough for this. I don't know what I want to do anymore. even a few hrs break from him feels like 5 minutes. maybe im just burnout and need that longer term solution like his supports and more outings through the service will be better for me.

I hope your procedure goes well next week too. having issues that you know are incurable are hard, there doesn't seem much help for them except to manage them symptoms. that's pretty much what the procedure I just had done. its a small implant for the reproductive system to help try to manage that side of thing, at the very least managing is good enough for me!