cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: struggling

I’m doing okay @scared01, very busy moving house atm. It’s good to talk to you!! I hope your doctor starts listening to you soon, I know how scary and frustrating it is not to be taken seriously. Heart

thanks @DruidChild but I tried speaking to her and my nurse but apparently I still don't need a scan. we are at 5 friggin weeks now and its affecting me quite a lot esp in my energy levels (as most pain does I suppose)
I have an ultrasound though for one of my other ailments- at least she listened to me about that not that she can provide any answers to my questions about it.

wow you sound buys! I hate moving houses, well the actual moving part of it anyway!
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

ill just pop over to here @Andrea-RO
I never seem to be online when your online lately! how have you been?
im okish just still battling to get health professionals to listen to me but other then that ive been busy managing physical and mental wellbeing along with work etc as well

Hi @scared01,

I'm jumping online for the afternoon and have just been catching up on your posts from the last couple days about struggling to get your doctor to listen. I can imagine how frustrating that must be when you are experiencing pain and still not sure where it is coming from Heart 

When you see the nurse and GP, do you see them both together in the same consultation? Or do you see them in separate consultations on the same day?

I found a thread from a while back where you mentioned strategies for managing pain, have any of these helped the pain this time?

hey @Jess1-RO
so the way my nurse works is that she will see me but for medicare to be able to bulk bill it my gp has to come in and basically clear it once im finished chatting with her etc. so I see my gp normally and then I see my nurse and then gp comes in the say yep I was here.
that day I had my original gp appointment and then my nurse as well.
I have been managing with a lot of strategies but its not something I can keep managing with unless I know its not something serious.

hey @scared01!

I'm glad to finally catch you! I've been good, listening to some new music which is always good! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

I'm glad to hear you're doing better, though that really sucks that you're still struggling to communicate with your health professionals. How did you go with being more firm with them? 

hey @Andrea-RO
new music is always great! I love when I come across a few new songs (and then they get worn out on repeat 😏😂)

I tried being more firm with them but didn't have any luck, still get the 'theres nothing wrong' talk. im not sure if its because even when I was at my worst (mentally and/or physically) I still act like im fine and I even look fine so it makes it hard to show that I really am in pain etc.
Ive just had xrays done by my chiropractor and I get some results back on Monday, if nothing shows up on those xrays im going to again ask for some brain scans or something because that means I really have done everything and so have the other health professionals ive seen as well.

Hey @scared01,

It is great that you are remaining firm and exploring all avenues. It will rule out some other possibilities that may allow you to narrow your focus. It is a really challenging feeling to sit with especially if you feel like you are not being taken seriously. I can relate to what you mentioned about yourself - I have a high pain tolerance so often remind myself to be extra conscious of this. I wish you all the best with your scans, sending positive vibes Heart

@scared01  I'm sorry they didn't take you seriously. Smiley Sad I hope everything turns out fine.
I think it's frustrating when doctors decide that you don't look 'sick enough'. My urologist told me that because I am young, I didn't physically look or feel as sick as other patients. I actually walked half an hour to a job interview when I first had symptoms (it would have just been ten minutes of walking but I got lost Smiley LOL).
I have some other ideas if you still don't have any answers. You could bring a support person or advocate who can give an account of your symptoms to your next appointment. You could also explain the impact of the symptoms, or how long you've had them for. I found it helpful to mention that I couldn't sleep from the cramps I was having and they weren't responding to over the counter painkillers. It might also be worth asking if you can get a second opinion.

thank you @WheresMySquishy @Taylor-RO
I see my gp on Wednesday to review one of my ultrasounds (I have a contraceptive that needs to be looked at as I think its moved and causing some side effects) so im going to again speak to her. Im currently waiting on some xrays to come back though. Ive decided to go back to see my osteopath and give it another go and see if the osteo and massage therapist combined (separate appts but both therapies each week/fortnight sort of thing) might help abit more. The osteo said before any adjustments etc are done she likes to order scans and since ive not had any for about 2 yrs she has ordered some new ones. I see her soon so hopefully might provide some answers as to whats going on