cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: stupid stupid idiot

and I'm such a messed up bloody idiot i can't even do this on my own i can't even go without my medication i can't go without seeing anyone because I'm such a stupid idiot!!!
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Hey mate Smiley Sad These are really heavy things. I am super worried about you tonight @j95 Going to send you an email now.

How are you doing today @j95 - last night sounded really tough Smiley Sad
Highlighted

Hi @j95, like @roseisnotaplant I just wanted to check in with you today to make sure you're okay.

I'd also like to let you know that you are not the first person to think that they're stupid, broken, not worth it (or any of the other insults your mind is currently throwing at you) just because they/you are unable to just fix themselves.

Fixing yourself without help from medication or a professional counsellor isn't always possible (actually forget isn't always, it's often not possible and that's okay). It's okay to need some outside help, and I really wish that society had never made it seem like that wasn't the case.

The very best thing any counsellor ever told me was the now often used analogy about when you have a broken arm, you go the doctors. You don't hide from everyone and pretending that you don't have a broken arm, because there's absolutely nothing to fear in seeking help and no stigma to make you feel bad. I was told I should never be ashamed of how I am sick, and the fact that I might need help to get better - whether it's my head or my body that is failing me.

I would offer you the same advice as my counsellor offered me. You're in a tough spot at the moment (going off your medication seems to have been rough on you), but you really need to stop judging yourself as an 'idiot' because you need some help to get better. There's no shame and no blame for needing help. It's just that you need some.

With that in mind, please consider taking @Bree-RO's and Mensline's advice about speaking with someone about what you're going through.