cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: stupid

And most importantly i am really sorry this is sucking for you right now Smiley Sad @j95

I don't mind then I don't know what the plan would involve.
Yeah sure
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

I don't know why I have been like this lately but I don't like it @Ben-RO Smiley Sad

It seems really tough for you @j95 Smiley Sad I am sorry it's been so hard for you lately. I reckon if we get through this plan it'll help a fair bit. At the very least if we have a plan we can work really hard to make sure everyone agrees on what needs to happen when and the best way for us to support you. 

That part of my brain that rationlises ? stuff just doesn't seem to be working and same with the part that usually says give it a rest j, let it go, just shut up. 

@Ben-RO

Sounds like a classic lid flip 

flipped-lid-PFC-horizontal.001-copy.jpg

I think i sent you a video about this once upon a time. Basically what our brains are like. The fingers do the "wise" stuff like taking a break shutting down a convo that's not working so well in your head, they're up the front, kind of just above and behind where your eyes are. But when our adrenaline kicks in. It shuts down and the thumb takes over, which is the bit of brain that's just a bit above where your kneck is. Riiiight in the middle of everything. When that happens. The intense feelings take over and you gotta wait about 20 minutes or more before the fingers or the wise part of your brain can start working again. 

Until then it's hulk mode and you probably feel like this: 

fuck-calm-and-go-hulk-mode-1.png

Unfortunately Hulk kinda doesn't help unless you have a Super Villain to mess up and even then, well... it gets messy and people get hurt, it's no way to live a happy life. 

So it's time to work on getting out of hulk mode as well as making sure everyone around you is safe from harm because you're responsible and care a lot about our members and i know we can work this out Smiley Happy

What that means for you is that you have a few different things that you can do, and it depends on where your lid is. So i am making a thread to talk about that. 

I don't get why mine doesn't work so good

I guess everyone's brains work a little differently @j95 and it can be really frustrating when one part doesn't work as well. I know you have plenty of great skills though! e.g. skateboarding and footy, which your brain allows you to do!

Hope you're okay today!

// Spiral outward, keep going. //