cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: telling mum

@ElleBelle I ended up taking myself to hospital tonight because I felt really unsafe. My thoughts and feelings got too much. I spoke to the mental health team for an hour and a half then walked home. I'm hoping I fall asleep soon. I'm emotionally and physically drained.

Proud of myself
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

So proud of you!!

Although it has been a massive thing to acheive, you did it!! Rest up and feel better soon Smiley Happy We are all thinking of you Smiley Happy

I really regret telling mum now. Smiley Sad I feel like I've done the wrong thing. Mum wants to confront my brother which I made her promise not to. I told mum so I wouldn't have to see my brother again. Mum also went against her word and told my step father about it after I said I didn't want anyone else knowing.I just hope she doesn't tell anyone else. I went out ona limb and shared my darkest secret with her.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Hey @redhead 

I'm so sorry, I don't know what happened to my post. I just wanted to say I'm so sorry that things haven't gone exactly how you had hoped. It can be so hard to find the courage to even just tell the person but when they then start doing things against your wishes, that can be overwhelming.

My only suggestion is to try and concenttrate on the fact that you wanted to tell her and know you have. Congratulate yourself for that. Let her emotions calm down a bit and then talk again in a while. She may just be too upset to hear what you're asking her.

Hang in there. You're through the hard part. Smiley Happy

Hey @redhead I agree with @NigioC - you've gotten through the hard part and now it's just dealing with the next stage. Is there any opportunity you can bring your mum into a counselling session with you? This is a big revelation and it might help to have someone on your side to help her understand how you want her to proceed.

@ElleBelle I can't bring mum into therapy.

@NigioC thanks
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Hey @redhead,

It must be horrible to be worrying about whether your mum is respecting your desire for privacy. Smiley Sad

I'm so sorry your mum is upsetting you with the way she's reacting. I hope that once she's had a bit more time, that she will start to respect your wishes about how you'd like to manage the situation with your family.

Have you had a chance to talk to your case worker or counsellor about how your mum is reacting? It's important that you continue to have support through the 'aftershocks' of telling your mum and how she reacts.

blithe

@blithe I talk a bit with my therapist about it. Didn't really help tho.
Mum is starting to come around. I still feel really awkward around mum tho
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Give it a bit of time @redhead and I'm sure that thing will be less awkward. There's going to be a period of time where you're both going to have to learn how to be with each other now that she knows, but you guys will figure it out Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@redhead wrote:
@blithe I talk a bit with my therapist about it. Didn't really help tho.
Mum is starting to come around. I still feel really awkward around mum tho

Hey @redhead - remember to always tell your therapist if whatever you are working on isn't working. they need to know that stuff.

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com