cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tonight is going poorly

What a roller coaster of a day Smiley Tongue

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Re: tonight is going poorly

hey @N1ghtW1ng

sounds like you’re not having a good day Smiley Sad would you like to talk about what happened ? <3

Highlighted

What's been going on today @N1ghtW1ng? Here to listen Heart

@litgym@DruidChildthanks for your messages Smiley Happy

Out of everything that happened, I think the main cause is the fact that my brother is here this weekend. And I hate him (I want to like him, I would love to have a good relationship with him and sure, sometimes we have good moments but right down to it, I hate him)

He's such an antagonising *. Example? This morning he was asking about a hole in the wall. And went "Oh so it was you" (to me) and oh you fucking bitch, it's been there since while you were here so all you're doing is trying to be a dick. Don't even pretend that's not exactly what you're doing. Getting pissed at me for asking about my phone charger because his response was "It's over there" as if in that direction wasn't several rooms!!! Just *screaming* And then the only reason I asked was because he was supposed to give it to me last night but no, he's never at fault the stupid, *! I don't want him back here. Crap, now I feel like crying, I just... him moving out was the best thing that happened to my mental health and now that he wants to move back in, with his girlfriend, no wait fiancee, I want to punch a wall, and then maybe him too. His girlfriend is fine but it's him that's the problem.

And oh boy I wish I could move out, it would help so much but I honestly can't. One: money. I would never make rent, even if I had roommates I'd still have to find said roommates and that's a whole challenge that I am completely unequipped for. Two: work. I have one job that is half an hour south and another that is half an hour north. If I moved, I'd have to give up one of those (and maybe another one too) because they're all spread out in different directions. Ju jitsu fits in with this too as I'm kind of near the middle of the three dojos so if I moved somewhere that'd have to keep in consideration. Three: Uni is towards the city and if I moved I wouldn't want to move closer to it. So there's that.
Those are pretty much the main reasons for not moving out, as much as I'd love to.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Hey @N1ghtW1ng this is so frustrating and dis-empowering no doubt, I am sorry if I have forgotten but remind me again - what's your parents take on all of this? Have you been able to have a conversation with them about providing some kind of structure around your brother's energy?

It's super easy to do when frustrated but I edited out a couple of the terms, based on our community guidelines.    They're easy to forget when upset just need to mindful of the community Heart

• Swear at or about another person, whether they are on the forums or not. General swearing is ok, but not when it is directed at a person. EG "I'm so fucking sad" is ok but "I hate my fucking teacher" is not.

@N1ghtW1ng it really sucks that your brother is being so horrible. I remember that when he was living with you it caused you a lot of distress. Is there any possibility that you could talk to your parents about your concerns if he decides to move back in? 

Is he any easier to handle with his fiancee around? Do you think you could speak to her about helping you out with his behaviour?

hey @N1ghtW1ng

im so sorry about your brother. you don’t deserve that and he should treat you with respect Smiley Sad has things been any better today ?

@Bree-RO sorry about that Smiley Tongue
@DruidChild my parents have given him talks but nothing as changed, it's always on me to ignore him or to just not get angry at him and honestly, worst advice ever. Unfortunately, the only person who can fix things now is him, and he just doesn't give a shit about anyone (aside from his one true love *sigh*)

@Birdeye hardly. I would not feel comfortable talking to her at all to be honest. Maybe it's something I could try if he moves in and it gets worse again but it's more of a waiting game in that case. She's pretty young (18, I think) so yeah, I think I'd just have to wait and see how the three of us are when they move in before I might try talking to her. It's definitely something I'll think of though Smiley Happy

@litgym thanks Smiley Happy Today hasn't been all that great, but he left this morning so I don't have to deal with him during the week (thankfully) but yeah just other things happening now Smiley Tongue

sorry you haven’t had a great day Smiley Sad @N1ghtW1ng on the bright side you don’t have to deal with your brother ! is there any self-care you can do tonight ? Heart