cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

too much going on

hey i havent been on for a while i was in the hospital for another month and then at supported accommodation for a month and a half. there is a lot going on right now with possibly going back to uni this year which i am very worried about and i am starting DBT soon too. and i saw a new GP today as my previous GP retired and the new one said i should get incontact with my old psychiatrist but i dont know if i can because i am on a PTO and there is just a lot going on and i changed caseworker and my new caseworker is horrible and i keep ruining everything and i dont feel good and i want to scream and i am so stressed. 

Re: too much going on

Hey there @Eden1717 I hope this time in the hospital and supported accom was OK for you, it takes alot of energy out of you I'd imagine.

I am going to log off for tonight very shortly unfortunately =(, do you think you could call and talk to any service tonight to help you get grounded because you sound very very overwhelmed right now. I'm thinking to suggest Kids Helpline or Lifeline for tonight?

You've been through alot and seem to have achieved alot right now and been through so much, I'm sure you have the strength to get through these next steps =) Take care for the night and sorry to have to go for the night, please get in contact with us tomorrow to check in and see how you are doing

maybe i will try and see if i can talk to them i just have so much going on in my head. 

Can we help you think through some of the things going through your head one thing at a time @Eden1717

i am really stressed out about the whole psychiatrist thing and i am also just feeling awful and like i am about to burst into tears. i really dont know what to do everything is a mess. i am trying so hard but i just dont know what to do anymore. 

Hmm @Eden1717 it is a really stressful thing seeing a Psych.

A few of us have been there, I definitely have.. @redhead and @j95 I think you guys also have some experience with Psychiatrists? We definitely get the angst it can cause Smiley Sad Before we dive into it though, what particularly about the meet up with your Psych is stressing you out?

I regularly see a psychologist but haven't actually seen a psychiatrist although it has been something I've looked into @Bree-RO @Eden1717 It can definitely be difficult to see a mental health professional, it has been a challenging road for me. I'll wait for to answer Bree's question and then I can help you out some more Smiley Happy
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@Eden1717 can totally relate to the bad vibes with psychiatrists. I'm supposed to see one through my mental health team, but haven't since September because they scare me so much

i am nervous because my old psychiatrist (private one) i havent seen in months and my GP said to get back in contact with him because the community team i am with my GP said is not very good and is difficult to deal with which i must say i agree with is many ways. but it would be akward and uncomfortable and my old psych has missed A LOT of stuff which will be hard to catch up on and the new psych with the community team doesnt really listen to me and they also dont communicate with my GP and they also dont help much and it is just all too much right now especially with uni coming up and i want to scream and i am just not coping well like i just want to hide in a cave forever i dont know what to do also being on the PTO makes things complicated. 

hey @Eden1717 that all sounds like a lot.. However it could be good for you to break it down into some short and sweet segments Smiley Happy For example, when I was in a very similar position,  I would tell myself "At some point this month I will have an appointment with my Psych." Then after that first appointment "When I  am ready I will book my second appointment."

I think it's super important to remember you're still in control.. If you don't like the new Psych you certainly don't have to use them forever, could you talk to your GP or another GP about alternative Psychiatrist's in your area?

Do you feel like there's something cool you could do tonight to treat yourself and get your mind off the appointment for a bit?