cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [tw] Not feeling the best...

Hi @Tiny_leaf things haven't been going great lately, I'm constantly tired and I haven't been motivated to do anything. I have tried to write a journal, but at the moment I've lots of essays at school so the last thing I want to do when I get home is to write or hold a pen.

I don't really know what to do at the moment and I just feel kind of stuck, staying committed to anything is really hard at the moment as is staying motivated to do anything.

@not-an-otter that sucks....

Have you ever had a mental health day?

I know that I'm personally more motivated after I've let myself rest and stopped pushing myself as much, do you think it might help you here as well?

@Tiny_leaf
Usually I would agree, but right now that's not really an option because there's always something I need to be doing in my house and too many distractions as well, but thank for the suggestion- I might try and do that if i get the time
Highlighted

Hey @not-an-otter, lacking motivation really sucks Smiley Sad

And I'm hearing that you've got a lot on your plate too. Sorry if I've missed this, but what are some things that have helped you in the past?

Looking forward to hearing from you! Smiley Happy 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Thanks @letitgo
I don't recall feeling this bad before, usually I would just tough it out and wait for it to pass, but so far that hasn't exactly been working. I guess right now, this is just a way for me to develop some strategies to cope and to see what works for me so maybe if I just try lots of things, I'll find something that works hopefully?

@not-an-otter yeah, experimenting with different strategies is probably the best way to see if something works for you.

Would you like help coming up with a few ideas to try?

Hi @not-an-otter, it feels like ages since you were last online..

How's everything been going, are you doing alright?

Thank @Tiny_leaf , I agree it's been far too long since I was last oline. I've had so many ups and downs over the past weeks and honestly, at the time I just wasn't feeling up to coming online because even though I love it here, and everybody here is so amazing, sometimes it just takes too much mental energy to do anything and I was a little bit scared about being here even though that's very irrational. Thank you for checking on me, I know it's been a while since you posted the previous message, but I really appreciate it.

Hi @not-an-otter!!

I know what you mean about the mental energy thing.. it sucks when that happens...

Hey @not-an-otter 

I just wanted to introduce myself as I am pretty new to the forums Heart It's actually really good that you know when you should and shouldn't come to the forums. It's important that we check in with ourselves and decide whether we have the energy to support others and read what others are going through. 

I hope to see you around more Heart