cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: tw: im over this

@litgym oof, hallucinations are tough Smiley Sad is there anything that normally helps with them?

not really :/ they really scare me and then i start thinking im being followed and then see someone in my reflection...ergh and then voices :/ @lokifish

ive never told anyone expect for my psychiatrist yesterday so i don’t reallt know how to handle them Smiley Sad

Highlighted

i got ya there, some weird shit happens when you hallucinate! I do some grounding techniques when I can think clearly, have you tried some before @litgym? It's like an out of body experience isn't it?

love to hear them ! @annabethxchase

its just upsetting it turns into a whole thing of hallucinations and voices which i was diagnosed with dissociative disorder yesterday and have possible others like maybe bipolar 1 so fuck my life it’s a never ending thing 

Grounding techniques are sometimes helpful for mine too Heart as is focusing on something 'safe' in the environment, like a teddy or a soft piece of clothing or whatever.

The other thing I try and do is to challenge/confront the hallucinations... like, if it feels like someone's about to hurt me I tell it that "if you're real, then come at me". They're yet to actually ever hurt me despite me telling them to give me their best.

I can understand if that's too hard to try right now though. It's scary so can take time to get to that point

ill keep that all in mindHeart @lokifish

i just feel like im getting pushed and pushed more into a small box, if that makes sense ? im trapped and they are telling me to do things and i don’t know they are very much

OK so some of the ones I do are:
1. Name 5 things that are (e.g purple, soft etc.) from where you are.
2. Name 5 things you can see, hear, smell, feel (this one's my favourite and really does like ground me in the sense of pulling me back to the ground and back to reality from my hallucinated state)
3. Literally just doing something with someone else or dogs can bring you back from that state.

Sorry if calling it a 'state' triggers you Smiley Sad
If you don't mind me asking, when did the voices start?

Yeah, I don't wanna overwhelm you *hugs*

It might be a matter of taking things slowly for now Heart

thanks for the grounding exercisesSmiley Happy @annabethxchase not really sure when they started but on recently while my mental health has been rapidly declining they have been constant expect they are really bad tonight Smiley Sad

@lokifish Heart im gonna go to bed i think and i sleep with mum (yay we love being untrustworthy whoop) so hopefully when she goes to bed she’ll scare them away.

gosh i sound like im going crazy !!

@litgym bed sounds like a good plan Smiley Happy

Something that always reassures me is that truly crazy people don't know they're crazy. The fact that you can question your sanity means that it's still intact Smiley Tongue