cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: tw: please stop

@litgym I am not denying how awful you are feeling and they really should be doing more to help you. The hospital thing is tricky and they say last resort because it really should be. Again I am not saying you aren’t at a critical point with how bad things are but there are many things about hospital that people don’t talk about and that quite frankly can make the issue you went in for worse. Also if you are considering going to public inpatient then this is even more true. I am not even referring to the stuff that happened to me inpatient per say but often the other people there are very sick not saying you aren’t but some of them and absolutely not all can be very disruptive the atmosphere is not really something I can describe. But personally I would avoid public at all costs. Well not all but as much as you can. If however you have private health insurance I would consider going to a private hospital they are a lot better and not perfect but better. Also as far as public hospitals they don’t offer much more support than you find in the community. Staff are often short meaning that nurses don’t have a lot of time and can hardly even speak with you. I mean there are some reasons to go to hospital but really should be last thing and maybe your psych has a few things they want to try before. 

Highlighted

in NSW to go to a private ward you need be 16+, they don’t offer private wards for younger ages @Eden1717 

yes i know it can not be the best environment and quite distressing but im at this point in my life where im so unstable i don’t really know anymore if im safe or not 

@litgym Ahh ok yeah I do remember that age limit when I went private there. I get what you are saying about where your at. It is hard not knowing what to do and when things aren’t helping feeling like you are running out of other options. In my experience though hospital made me feel less safe I don’t mean to scare you or sway you and if you think that’s what you need to feel better then you do what is best for you. You know you best as well so it really is your choice if you want to pursue it or not. But in my experience people told me you go to hospital see doctors and they give you more intensive help and you come out a bit better. But for me that was not the case it made me a lot worse and all I felt there was scared and alone not supported in anyway. Again that is just my experience and I can’t speak for others also the ward you may go to I would not have been too. So I also can’t say what it would be like but I also don’t want to tell you that it is always helpful because I feel like that is unrealistic. Just if you go don’t go in with high expectations. Take what you can and see how things are. Idk what I am trying to say I guess I just wish someone could have warned me about the public system before I got stuck in it. It really hurt me. Again my experience is just one experience and I am probably biased. I hope you can get the support you need. 

Hey there @litgym,

It's unfortunate that the private wards have an age limit. As @Eden1717 has said, you know what's best for you. I think you mentioned yesterday that you're seeing your GP today, is that right? Have you been able to speak to her about going inpatient?

-----

Our new guidelines are now live, check them out here!

in my experience personally and yes i know could be completely different if i went to a ward but so far im really happy with how ive been treated in hospitalSmiley Happy it’s like a safe place for me @Eden1717

i hear lots of people don’t like the experience of inpatient wards but ive also asked round and some did like it. a guy in my year went to an inpatient ward (the only one I can go to) and he said it was great. 

@Jay-RO im seeing her at 4, i think she’ll send me back to ED :/  spoke to my fav teacher at lunch which felt good to finally tell someone in person about my horrible week last week. i unfortunately missed my coffee catch up with my head of house this morning Smiley Sad so ill talk to him tomorrow some time. 

Hey @litgym, it's great that you were able to speak to your favourite teacher today! Smiley Happy Talking to the right people about how we've been can feel so rewarding. Hopefully you are able to chat with your head of house tomorrow, is there anything you wanted to talk to him about?

Is going to ED something you'd like to do? Do you think you'd be able to bring up going to an inpatient ward with your psych today?

-----

Our new guidelines are now live, check them out here!

just school being hard and attendance is difficult @Jay-RO

sooo she hasn’t sent me to ED suprisely ! i didn’t get to talk to her about a psych ward but im pretty happy with what i spoke to her about. i was so honest and open, i can definitely tell my communication is getting so much better. im not cutting short what i want to say, im letting myself speak Smiley Happy she took me half an hour early and we ended up having an hour session. i honestly really needed that. she’s someone i trust with all my heart. and i know she trusts me, ive lied to her once and i told her about that today but i promised her i will never break her trust again. she’s going to call my psychiatrist and psychologist this week to keep them up to date. i wrote her a note on my phone and showed her, it was quite worrying the note but she took it really well. i like how she is so neutral, she isn’t like “*name* why would you do that !!” we are also coming up with a FINAL, LONGTERM safety plan this week. i keep getting in the ‘next 24hrs’ safety plans when in reality i need that longterm one.

okay im gonna stop now hahah because this wasn’t intended to be long !

Hey @litgym - so awesome to hear that you were honest and open with your teacher- sounds like you're doing amazingly with communication!

I am also so happy to hear that you're working on a long term plan this week - going day to day can get pretty exhausting. 

and posts are allowed to be long !  - we love hearing you make such amazing progress, and continuing to be so resilient. 

it was my GP not teacher ! @gina-RO

thank youHeart im just so happy that my anxiety has gotten better and my communication skills have improved Smiley Happy i use to stutter a lot and not know what to say because my anxiety was so much that my mind would go blank but it’s gotten much better !!

im also just going to send you a quick email btw

on my way to see my psychologist now, not really looking forward to it Smiley Sad i think im going to search for a new one because personally she is no help and such a big character when im such a tiny shy girl.  even my GP helps me more than her !

Hi @litgym, really happy to hear that things are looking up for you Smiley Happy

How did your appointment go with your psych?