cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ugly thoughts

@scared01 that really helps, I will use those tips for helping Smiley Happy - @peacelovepizza thank you! I will remember that Smiley Happy

im glad it was helpful @keezeik Smiley Happy
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

It has started to happen again, I wish for something horrible to happen for no reason, and I think it's because my fear of it is eating through it, and I don't really know how to stop it.

Hey @keezeik ,

Thanks for reaching out; I'm sorry to hear that you are having those thoughts again.  That's ok and quite normal for them to come back sometimes.   You've shown before that you've been able to lessen these thoughts by being busy and setting goals Smiley Happy.

If you need extra support we are here for you Heart.  Also, there are services like Kids Helpline (1800 551 800) who have 24/7 trained counsellors able to assist you if you need to talk.  They also have a webchat option -https://kidshelpline.com.au/get-help/webchat-counselling.

yeah I know, but sometimes when bad stuff happens or something where there is conflict and stuff, it's I wish it would get worse for whatever reason, and I really don't but I can't help myself to have those thoughts, and then if they come true I feel like it's my fault because for some reason I wished that even though I didn't in fact do it.

@keezeik that sounds really difficult...

Do you know what helped you most last time this happened? 

I don't reallyknow, there are two types one where I just kind of ignore it because I don't wish for anything but then the other I kind of 'reverse' what I think and wish for something good...

Hi @keezeik 

Thanks for coming back to the forums to discuss your unwanted thoughts. It's really hard to talk about thoughts that we don't quite understand. I like your idea to counteract the thought with a positive one. What has worked in the past for you when you've been through this? Heart 

Hi @keezeik! How are you today?

I can relate to having similar kinds of thoughts about myself. Sometimes, I just want to get sick or be in hospital so I can escape from expectations and stress.

I think replacing the thought with a positive one is a great strategy! Does it help you?
Sometimes, I write down the thoughts and get on with whatever I am doing. I have also tried some meditations to try and imagine the thoughts floating away. I found that trying to stop thinking of them to be hard because it would make me think about them more.

@Bre-RO and @WheresMySquishy well mainly counteracting it with a positive thought, but whenever these ugly thoughts come up e.g. I wish for something bad for someone to happen I feel guilty because I don't wish that to happen, I think it's part of my anxxiety or something - but I have no idea how to stop it.