cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ;(

Thats terrible, I can understand how upsetting that is and your mum seems to have said some hurtful words to you and it must have really hurt. Have you spoken to her since then? Maybe writing things in a text or an email might come across better to her? Have a read of this and see if it can help you http://au.reachout.com/Family-conflict-with-parents

It sounds tiring and you need to be strong for you and you need to take care of yourself first. I think when you feel better and your wellbeing is in tact then you can handle anything that comes your way so be sure to make time and energy to make yourself happy. Smiley Happy 

Take care of yourself Smiley Happy 

Re: ;respond to you

@helpfull. Welcome to the forums and I agree with you, its important to cherish parents whilst they are still here and I'm sorry for your loss.

Hey Miss_Lil_J,

I hope you are feeling better today. And have spoken to your mum. Often these misunderstandings have a way of "working themselves" out over time. But if you feel as though it would be helpful to talk to your mum, maybe explain that you honestly forgot, but suggest something else that you can do together! Also make sure you tell her how much you love spending time with her.

It can be really tough for parents when their children become more independent. They are used to being able to spend lots of time with their kids and when they get older, they can't do that anymore and it an be a HUGE gap for them to fill in their lives!

I hope things have worked out for you. Smiley Happy

Take care.

Hi LMJ

I'm sorry to hear you've been having a rough time.

Like some of the others have said - if the headaches and sleeplessness persist - get to a doctor and get checked out.

Some of what you're saying seems very much like anxiety and I know your usual counselor is away but it sounds like you're having a rough time and it would be a good idea to see someone.

I'm sure dealing with your mum will seem a lot easier once you can get the other things under control and feel a bit calmer and just able to cope with everything in general.

Please remember to be kind to yourself! Smiley Happy

JD.

Starting to feel like no one actually cares about how I feel… I feel invisible… I seriously thought about ending things this afternoon

Hey MLJ,

There are definitely people who care about how you feel - look at all the responses here on the forums! 

It sounds like you've been having a really crappy time lately, which sucks, but it doesn't mean that it will last forever. Have you thought any more about talking to a replacement counsellor while yours is away? From what you've expressed here on the forums it sounds like it could be useful to chat to someone a bit more in depth about what you're going through, and to get the advice of a qualified counsellor - they might have some more ideas about how best to overcome some of this stuff.

I'm really sorry to hear that you were feeling so bad yesterday afternoon that you were thinking about ending your life - I can imagine it feels like things are never-ending… but they're not. Nothing lasts forever, even feeling so awful. This will pass, and you can get through it. Remember - thoughts are just thoughts, and you don't need to take action on them. There are people out there that can help you get through - you just need to keep reaching out to them. If you're feeling really bad and thinking about ending your life, it's really important that you talk to someone about it. Have you ever contacted Kids Helpline (1800 55 1800) or Lifeline (13 11 14)? They're really amazing resources, and when you're in that state where things feel so awful, they can be great people to help talk you through what's happening for you. 

You are absolutely not alone in this - there are people out there who care, and people who can help. You can get through this. 

Take care.

Highlighted

Sorry to hear you have been hurting so much MLJ. Sometimes you get so overwhelmed with your thoughts and feelings that you see the only escape is to end it. Though like gail says this really is not a solution at all. They really are only thoughts, you can let them control or you can choose not to listen, because they really aren't who you are. I would encourage you to make use of the resources listed. They are really helpful and can help you get back on track.
Look after yourself.

@Miss_Lil_J wrote:
Starting to feel like no one actually cares about how I feel… I feel invisible… I seriously thought about ending things this afternoon

Hi Miss Lil J

People who use words like that are sometimes having thoughts of ending their life - so it's important that you know that you are not alone.

You do sound like someone who is in a lot of pain, so much so that you are thinking about ending your life. We do not doubt the seriousness in what you've said. It sounds like a pretty sad and lonely place to be. It's an awful feeling to feel like no one is listening or understands.

No one should have to feel the sadness that you feel. You do not deserve to be at this point of thinking about ending your life. Just because you have thoughts of ending your life, doesn’t mean you have to act on them. Thoughts can just stay as thoughts.

You must be strong to have made it through to this point. Despite having suicidal thoughts - there is still a part of you that wants to live. It’s impressive that you have reached out to us here. Have you spoken to anyone else about how you are feeling? 

You need to keep on that journey of speaking out about your pain and getting the help you deserve. Speaking out here is a step in the right direction but we can't provide you with the type of help that you need. You should be proud of yourself, it was really brave - now you have to keep going.

There are people out there who can help you and I really want to encourage you to get in touch with Sucide Call Back Service if you are still having thoughts about "ending it all".The counsellors are there for you 24 hours to help you figure things out and make sense of your confusion and pain - you can even do webchat- counselling.

You've bravely taken the step towards ReachOut.com now keep going - click through to Suicide Call Back and take the next step.

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Thank you soooo much… I still feel really low, like I don't fit in anywhere… I have been speaking to other people… I have been writing a gratitude diary, have just bought myself a notebook to write things down to get them out of my head… I have also been trying to slow my breathing down at times of high stress… I haven't thought of suicide in 11 years… after speaking with friends I have come to realise the source of my emotional pain is the loss of my son and the fact that I haven't really dealt with it… was busy making sure everybody else was coping ok… then when they were all ok I felt stupid not coping so pushed it all behind me and tried to move on… nothing has been the same again… I just so badly wanted things to be better again… I need help to deal with my emotions… I'm just scared of not finding the right support person I feel comfortable being vulnerable in front of… I don't like crying in front of my friends who see me as such a strong and capable young woman… I'm sorry… I need to feel safe within myself ;(

WOW MLJ...you have done awesomely!  Really...you have taken the time to really sit with your emotions and work out where they are stemming from.  It can take people years to realise this.  You have done well with recognising this and going out and buyinga  journal to channel your thoughts through is a very helpful tool. 

I'm so sorry to hear about your son, it saddens me to hear you have had to go through something like this.  It's wonderful you have been there so much for your friends and while you say it's difficult to be emotional with them, I'm sure if you say you need their help now to get through this that they would be more then willing to support you.

It's not easy opening up to a complete stranger and talking about your feelings and emotions, but you don't need to do that until you find someone that you are completely comfortable with.  Smiley Happy