cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: :(

I want to see my family

@Saltwaterdreamtime When do you get to see your family? It's so hard with loss and grief so keep us posted about how you're going. You have our support as always. 

Not for a long while @TOM-RO They live in NT. 

I want to go up there but I havd no money @TOM-RO

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime I am so sorry to hear of your loss, it’s understandable that it’s hard to take care of yourself emotionally or feel better when going through so much grief. I’m wondering if you could give your family a phone call or even a video call, like face time or something? Do you have any mates where you are who also knew your friend who passed away and might want to meet up and have a chat about how you’re all coping? 

Something that often helps me when sadness is overwhelming is to have a shower and a hot drink, lie down and try to let my mind drift away into happy memories or daydreams. I keep my breathing slow and even and eventually fall asleep and often wake up feeling a little lighter. Could something like that help you? 

No it happened up north in my community so none of my friends knew him my
family up there is just dealing with it all at the moment they so they
can’t be contacted they are busy @DruidChild thank you for you lovely

Ah I see @Saltwaterdreamtime. It sounds so painful to be far away from your family during such a distressing time Smiley Sad I saw you mention in another post that you’ve recently finished an apprenticeship, I wondered whether making plans to get some work and save up money for another trip to NT would be helpful? 

Hey @DruidChild I am currently working for a company and for myself too, so
I would like to save up but it’s expensive to visit

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime, that’s awesome to hear about your work! But yeah travel is really expensive Smiley Sad It sounds like a frustrating situation without an easy solution. What do you have planned for today? Is there anything that you enjoy doing or that helps you feel more connected to your family even from far away? 

Highlighted

Seeing my half brother and nephew a bit later (my immediate family, siblings, mum, live down here). But for now I’m just tidying up, listening to music and getting ready for a bit of a big week, need to go out at some stage and buy something nice to wear for something this week, usual Sunday bits and pieces @DruidChild