cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SMW

Highlighted

Re: Coping with attraction to my girlfriend's sister

Hey there @SMW and welcome to ReachOut Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear how things have been going for you recently, it sounds like a difficult situation to be in. It can be hard to know what to do when we're in a relationship and feel attracted to someone else, relationships can be tricky like that. Talking to Abbie sounds like a good plan, though I understand it can be worrying if she told others. Do you think if you shared these worries with her, it would help have the conversation? 

I was also wondering if you've ever spoken to anyone else about how you've been feeling, such as another close friend, family member or even a professional counselor or psych. I hear you on venting not being helpful, it's not always for everyone. Talking to someone like a counselor can help you get one on one support and come up with a plan for tackling this situation, do you think that's something you could try? 

-----

I am finishing with ReachOut this week, say good-bye here. I'll miss you all!

SMW

Thanks for responding. I think talking to Abbie would have about 90% chance of going well, and her completely understanding. There's just the small chance she mentions it to someone else that might not be in the right context and makes me vulnerable to being misunderstood.

I have told my best friend about my situation. He suggested that if I talk to Abbie that it be face to face so nothing can be taken the wrong way. I'm unsure if a counselor would be necessary but I'm also unsure talking to Abbie is the right thing to do but something tells me it should all work out if I do?

SMW

Thanks for the support. I haven't had the chance to talk to Abbie about it yet but I think I will if the problem keeps reoccurring. For now I'm using some coping strategies to relieve stress and I'm doing much better at the moment. It might take me some time to be able to talk to Abbie since we don't see each other very often, but I'll update this thread when I have reached a resolution 😌

I'm glad to hear that you've been using some coping strategies and finding them helpful @SMW Smiley Happy

If you do end up chatting to Abbie about it, please know that we're all here to support you through that.

// Spiral outward, keep going. //