cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ;(

I still feel really sad that after 11 years suicide thoughts have come back… I thought I was doing really well… I just feel like all the steps I've taken over the past 11 years were worthless if I can still get to that point… I need to be ok… I have too many ppl relying on me Smiley Sad

Hey lil J,

I think some of us with a tendency towards feeling depressed sometimes look back and feel like we have achieved nothing... and think because we are feeling down right now, somehow everything awesome we have done in the past is null and void. Believe me, I have been there. 

I have found talking to about these feelings to other people who know me really helpful. Not just for them to say "Oh don't be silly, you have achieved so much". But more because getting other peoples' perspectives on you is really enlightening. They do help you see beyond the negative tunnel vision.

So maybe talk to a couple of those people who are relying on you and explain how you feel. I suspect they will have a very different opinion on what you have achieved in the last 11 years.

Hang in there - you really sound like an amazing person who has just hit a bit of a rough patch.

Take care,

Benny

Hey MLJ...it happens sometimes.  It's one of lifes challenges. You picked yourself up before, so you know you can do it again.  Hang in there and once you really start talking to someone and working through this it will start looking up again.

MLJ

You got past it before and even though you have gotten to that point you can get back again.

Im going to use an example I'm familiar with. Eating Healthy and Exercise is hard for me but when I feel healthy and get over the bad diet I feel like I've accomplished something but at times I fall off and feel so defeated but because I've done it before I know I can do it again. So even though this is not the same thing you are going through, its the same concept

You have done it before and you can do it again, Have faith in yourself Smiley Happy

Hi… thank you so much for all the support and kind words… sorry I haven't posted much lately… I am currently unwell… I just wanted to share and update you all… I have decided to restore my faith in Jesus… I have learnt to love myself… I feel beautiful… I am on road to recovery… thank you for everything…

Hi MLJ

Sorry you're not well but glad to hear things are improving for you.

Stay strong. Smiley Happy

Hey MLJ,

This is great and I am so happy to hear you have found something to focus on. Shame about being ill, but all the best with you.