cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: when is it time for hospital

Thanks for the tag @scared01, this thread really helps to understand what's been going on for you recently.

You talked about getting away for a while, both to hospital and to the retreat, but I was wondering if there are any spaces on a smaller scale for you that make you feel like you're getting some peaceful time to yourself, like a park or even just a particular room in your house? Somewhere that would help you feel like you can take a bit of a break, even if only for something like half an hour?

@Chessca_H i ahve no where, literally no where.

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@scared01 maybe not somewhere right now then, perhaps something instead. I know you weren't a huge fan of the safety plan (hate to sound like the RO broken record, but I think it's great), however you did list some ideas for distracting yourself that could make for a good temporary time out from what's overwhelming you right now. Just going to put them here again:

"Take a shower or bath

Write something

See a movie

Watch a favourite film, YouTube clip or TV show

Listen to music

Be creative (e.g. drawing, painting)

Go for a drive"

Could you give one of those a try?

i want a distraction from my whole life @Chessca_H 

i literally hate it

i dont know what else to do

im seriously at a loss and i cant do anything

and im already a disgrace and a failure

i cant even do good on here

@scared01 you do heaps of good on here, I was actually just reading over some of the support you've been giving other users and thinking just that. 

I know you were having trouble with the thought challenging exercise you were having a go at yesterday, but I feel you were on the right track with it. You're feeling really down on yourself right now and even though it's really hard it could be helpful for you to cut yourself some slack. Perhaps you could have a go with some of these self compassion exercises and see how you go?

im glad you can see that cause i dont feel that way not in the least @Chessca_H

why is life seriously so shite

@scared01 sometimes other people can see the good in us we can't see in ourselves Smiley Happy

On the subject of the great support you give on the forums, I was wondering if you could try something for me. Imagine that what's happening in your life was happening to a friend of yours or someone that you really admire. What sort of things would you tell them?

i cant do what i would tell them @Chessca_H

and that would be go to that retreat

i want it all to stop Smiley Sad

@Chessca_H@May_@lokifish@TOM-RO@letitgo@safari93@N1ghtW1ng

@scared01 I can relate to wanting everything to stop. Is there anything you could do like self care or distraction to take a short break from life.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire